Odoo Online - Service Level Agreement
- Customer databases are hosted in the closest Odoo data center (EMEA: France, Americas: Canada, APAC: Hong Kong)
- Each customer instance is replicated in real-time on a hot-standby system located in the same data center
- We work with different hosting providers worldwide (and we can switch at anytime), but they always deliver at least 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- So we can guarantee a minimum of 99.9% uptime (3 nines, excluding planned maintenance).
- This corresponds to a maximum unplanned downtime of 1.44min/24h or 8h/year.
- We usually deliver much better uptime than this (100% most months), as our providers always deliver a much better uptime than their SLA too.
- Our data centers are Tier-III certified or equivalent, with N+1 redundancy for power, network and cooling
- Each customer database is replicated in real-time on a hot-standby server located in the same data center
- 14 full backups up to 3 months: 1/day for 7 days, 1/week for 4 weeks, 1/month for 3 months
- Backups replicated on at least 3 different machines in different data centers
- Users can download manual backups of their live data at any time
- For a permanent disaster impacting one server only, our Disaster Recovery Plan has the following metrics:
- RPO (Recovery Point Objective) = 5 minutes, i.e. can lose maximum 5 minutes of work
- RTO (Recovery Time Objective) = 30 minutes, i.e the service will be back online after maximum 30 minutes (Standby promotion time + DNS propagation time included)
For data center disasters (one entire data center is completely and permanently down), Disaster Recovery Plan has these metrics:
- RPO (Recovery Point Objective) = 24h, i.e. you can lose maximum 24h of work if the data cannot be recovered and we need to restore the last daily backup
- RTO (Recovery Time Objective) = 24h, i.e. the service will be restored from the backup within 24 hours in a different data center
The safety of your data is very important to us, and we design our systems and procedures to guarantee it.
You can learn more about it on our Security page. Here are some highlights:
- SSL - All web connections to client instances are protected with 256-bit SSL encryption (HTTPS with a 2048-bit modulus SSL certificate), and running behind Grade A SSL stacks. All our certificates chains are using SHA-2 already.
- Reliable Platform - Servers with full hardware guarantee, redundant data storage, network and electrical supplies
- Passwords - Customer passwords are protected with industry-standard PBKDF2+SHA512 encryption (salted + stretched for thousands of rounds)
- Safe System - Our servers are running recent Linux distribution with up-to-date security patches, with firewall and intrusion counter-measures (not disclosed for obvious reasons)
- Isolation - Client data stored in dedicated databases - no sharing of data between clients, no access possible from one database to another