This question has been flagged
5 Replies

1. Can sales team leader can see all the lead/opp created by member in team? 

2. Teams does not have hierarchy so root team leader can see all lead/opp in sub team? 

3. User in team can not create lead, opp. Why? 

Pls help me understand thif feature. Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

1. Can sales team leader can see all the lead/opp created by member in team?  : - Yes he can

2. Teams does not have hierarchy so root team leader can see all lead/opp in sub team? :- Yes.

3. User in team can not create lead, opp. Why? :- Due to the access rights

Discard

Amazing Answer

Best Answer

Hello, 

As per my understanding, you want the sales team have multiple hierachy and the proper access right such as sales team leader can see only his/her team's document, however odoo standard will have several limtation: 

1. As per the access righ you can only have 2 option: see own documents or see all documents, that mean see all document of all sales teams not helping when you want to have access right for one team only.

2. Odoo do not have the sales team hierachy feature and cannot give access right by sales team or parent sales team. 

Therefore we develope a module to fix that, you can check out this: 

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/s_multilevel_salesteam_operation/

User manual in Vietnamese here: 

https://bisfast.com/docs/crm-1#hoat-dong-nhom-ban-hang-da-cap-124-0

Discard
Best Answer

Hi there!

Actually, this "Team Leader" field doesn't affect access rights.
It is there to display who is responsible of the sales team.

If you want your salespersons to only see their own opportunities, you can set their Access Rights on
Sales --> User: Own Documents Only.
You will find this setting in Settings / Users & Companies

Also, regarding your third question, the users in a team can create leads and opportunities, of course. 
I'd recommend to check their access rights.

Cheers,

Discard

Hello, after taking a deep look at it and seeing your answer, I would like to ask you which is the access right thats gives connection to the "Own Documents Only" you are refering to, I know that what you are telling is an already defined group, but If i wanna mange groups and make another lawyer for access rights in Sales for example, I haven't been able to found the feature that allows you to do that connection for the new group access rights (withouth inheriting "User: Own Dcouments Only" group obviously).

Thanks before hand!

Author

So setup team leader only for report?

Did you try? In odoo trial when a user setting with "User: Own Documents Only" but if he is in a sale team he cannot create a lead( so I can not understand the purpose of sale team, it's not like sale territory in other CRM application?????)

Thank you.

Best Answer

Sales teams can sell diferent productos or services, or you can have sales teams by region. Besides this, sales teams can have a diferent flow or sales funnel, by having sales teams, you can assign an specific phase, i.e. "Demo" for an specific Sales Team.

Hope this helps.

Discard
Author

I know the meaning of this feature in many CRM system, but in Odoo it does not work in business especialy working with lead, opp, sales order... Only see for reporting.

Best Answer

Good day, Nguyen,

It's mainly for reporting purpose only buddy, don't waste your time. You need more code customization for it to work perfectly like other CRM (eg. salesforce)

Discard