This question has been flagged
10 Replies

to configure only one mailbox for both incoming and outgoing,
and use multiple aliases correponding to different users.

Discard

For me "Record Thread ID" and "Parent Record Thread ID" had to match the id of the user from the database "res user" = see Setting>Users>Users> - select user - see web address ....8069/web#id=6&vie.... in my case it was 6

Author Best Answer

How Alias works?

Any mail sent to your domain, that doesn't have a defined mailbox, will be sent to your catchall email. Applications fetch the mails and divert them to corresponding virtual mail address (alias)

Make sure you set your created mailbox as the catch-all.

How to setup?

After configuring both the mail servers (Incoming/Outgoing), head to Users and assign the user an alias.

Enter these details in the Alias form:

Namealias@domain.com
Aliased ModelUsers
Record Thread ID(ID of the user you wish to assign this alias to)
Default Values{} (default)
Alias Contact SecurityEveryone (default)
OwnerAdministrator
Parent ModelUsers
Parent Record Thread ID(same as Record Thread ID)

(To confirm if the link has been set-up correctly, (in v9 and up) after saving the alias record, on clicking the link on top "Open Parent Document" should open the corresponding User record)

Thats it. You should receive the mails in the desired user account.

Discard

Thank you for this usefull answer 👌🏻

Author

You're welcome!

thank you very much ! but why don't appear the button reply to ???????

Best Answer

The above solution did not work for me in my oddo11 vanilla installaiton.
Problem was that incomming emails for my two users where not routed to the odoo inbox at all.
Now I found an aliase configuration that worked.

info            Lead/Opportunity    John Doe           {'type': 'lead', 'team_id': 4}                 Everyone
sales           Lead/Opportunity                              {'type': 'opportunity', 'team_id': 1}    Everyone
discover     Task                                                      {'project_id': 1}                                     Everyone
admin        Users                        Administrator   {'user_id':1}                                           Everyone
john            Users                       John Doe            {'user_id':5}                                           Everyone

What did the trick was using alias model 'Users' and {'user_id':5} as Default Value along with the correct user_id of the user.

Same with incoming mails for leads.

Using the alias model 'eMail Thread' (it was suggested somewhere else) just ignored the mail completely.
It was marked as read in the imap folder but did not appear at all in odoos message list.

Though the above solved my actual problem and may proove helpfull for others, my main question still remains:
Where can I find a usefull documentation how these alias models are configured correctly and what they do if done so...

Cheers
Stephan

Discard

Hi Stephan. Did you enter anything in the 'Record Thread ID', 'Parent Model', and 'Parent Record Thread ID' fields? I'm still on V11 and can't get the emails to appear in the inbox. They are fetched and appear in the message archive (I use the mail archives module), they just don't appear in the inbox. The log also has this "Ignored mail" error "found duplicated Message-Id during processing" each time.

Best Answer

Hello Team 

I am using Odoo 13. And i tried setting up the email system. I am able to send emails through Odoo. However i can not receive emails in Odoo. 

Any help please. 

Thanks

Rishal Chand

Discard

yes , i think it's a bug in odoo13, can't route the incoming email to personal inbox.

Best Answer

where is this  Record Thread ID and  Parent Record Thread ID in each user?

Discard
Best Answer
@Taher Giyori

Thanks in advance, I test it in odoo 11 but I think odoo change workflow because I cannot find any message in discuss although when activating developer mode and go to Settings / Technical / Email / Messages found it and if activate outgoing mail server, odoo send email to the user again in his own mail 
Discard
Best Answer

Example for odoo 8

When you activate in settings>configuration>project an option to "create issues from an incoming email account" (also you need an email account configured in setting>technical>email>incoming mail server) you will have an alias option for projects and users. Just cpecify new alias in user or project settings and odoo will automatically create it in settings>technical>email>aliases.

If you can't setup catchall mailbox, you may leave default value for settings>configuration>general>email>alias domain. When somebody would write a letter for user or project with virtual email (alias), it doesn't matter which mail server may be specified. Just specify two recipients 1)odoo incoming mailbox, 2)  user_alias@anymailbox.com. Odoo will recieve email, and if it see in recipients user_alias, it will redirect it to user's "messaging>inbox". Same for project alias.

Discard