This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hy everyone,

I want to show/list all my attachments from sales app in the documents app.

Like all attachments from Products are listed in there as well. 

I'm on version 14 and use the online hosting of odoo (studio is available) 

greetings Jakob 

Discard

good question!

Are files centralization options missing, or is it perhaps easier to do it the opposite way by placing the document in the Documents app and creating actions related to Sales?

Author

Hy Ricardo,

thanks for your input!

actually i would like to see all the attachments from the sale.order model in the Documents app like with products and finance and projects. This is not available in the settings, but it would be very useful!

Furthermore you could see which document is linked to a specific sales order in the document app like you can see with attachments made to products for example. (that little blue icon on the right side in the preview of the file in documents app)

Best Answer

Use the same approach discussed at "Is there an easier way to manage attachments? We will have dozens for each Opportunity."

Discard
Author

Thank you for your answer!

I already have this solution in place which is really nice!

But this does not solve the real question why the sales app is not integrated properly with odoo documents :/

Perhaps because we haven't done it yet?

Author

Legitimately this answers my question!

I didn't know this was not implemented yet. Is there any timeframe/release in the near future with this implemented?

I don't see it in master (to become v15).

You can check out what we are delivering via https://runbot.odoo.com

Author

Thx for that information too!

Is there by any chance something like a feature request for future additions to odoo?

Hi Ray

there is still time to add to master (v15)! ;-)

Hi Jacob

Through Github or Submit a ticket: https://www.odoo.com/help

Author

Done :) Thank you two for the inputs!

@Ray Carnes , Isn't there a way to use an automated action to create new record in documents.document model(writing the required fields) once a record is created in the ir.attachments model?