This question has been flagged
5 Replies

ValueError: No possible route found for incoming message from "X" <Y@gmail.com> to test@my.domain, "Administrator" <test@> (Message-Id <CAEKoWxD7beo=ST8cfdkyAfSYFH-TRY5SSnRy8LjR_=DFsgjb-Q@mail.gmail.com>:). Create an appropriate mail.alias or force the destination model.

I can send email from Odoo page to external mail servers. I can get email from "contact me" Odoo bar, but I can't receive emails from external servers.

I configured and tested incoming and outcoming mail servers with Odoo

What mail.alias should I do?

Discard
Author

""Odoo is not an email client" Okay. I am newbie, I don't see reason why Setting >Technical > Email> Emails can't be role of history for normal e-mail correspondence with many replies and subjects :( Why Odoo is not email client?

Best Answer

@Odoo Tools : documentation is pretty confusing about this subject. The title "How to Use my Mail Server to Send and Receive Emails in Odoo" indicate we could use Odoo like a mail client...

Discard
Best Answer

That doesn't realy help me. 

1. Creating an E-Mail and sending it works well excepted, but there is no receiving confirmation in Odoo. The e-mail is received on our e-mail server. Sending any information to the emails registered in odoo arrives on our mail server but not at odoo. 

2. The alias domain is set to the domain (i.e. mydomain.tld) used for the e-mail addresses (catchall@mydomain.tld). 

3. The mail server have a fully different name and domain, which is defined by the e-mail provider (i.e. mailserver123.provider-server.tld) May this be the problem for incoming e-mails? 

4. Configuration of both incomming and outgoing mail server are tested successfully. There should be no problem with this. 

5. All e-mail addresses belong to one user on the mail server (i.e. username), which is set in the server configurations and has its own mail password. All aliases are also created as e-mail aliases on the mail server. (i.e. sales@mydomain.tld, catchall@mydomain.tld, employeename@mydomain.tld, ...)

Finally I have no ideea, what else could be the problem. Furthermore I use the SaaS test version and do not have access to any log files.

Discard
Best Answer

Email Thread is an abstract model, meaning that it is not stored in Odoo, and you can not find this document in Odoo interface. So, there is no sense at all to create such a record.

So, it is high probable that messages are already parsed in Odoo, but you cannot see any effect. Please take into account  that Odoo is not an email client: it does not aim to parse user inboxes, but it:

Compares sender email address and aliases  and, then, create an opportunity (sales team alias, e.g. emails to sales@yourdomain.com) or task (project email alias). In case an alias exist, messages would create a related object without extra configuring email server. 

Check meta data of incoming email for being the answer to Odoo thread. Then, such a message would be attached to this thread. For example, a salesperson answers under an opportunity, and if clients clicks reply-to, this reply email would be attached this opportunity. 

If an email does not suit  both criteria and there are no specific actions on the incoming email server (like create a thread you configured), such email would not lead to any actions in Odoo. For sudden cases, you notice frequent mistakes – you may use some specific party tool, e.g. this one – https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/mail_manual_routing/.

Thus, at this moment you should define which behavior you anticipate (create leads, create tasks, etc.?), and try to configure Odoo correspondingly.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I deleted everything and made all configuration again. 

I was checking logs. I made all aliases and created accounts. catchall@<mydomain>.com and bounce@<mydomain.com>. Eveything seems to be ok.

When I was creating incoming mail server I created value of Create a New Record field as Email Thread. I tested connection and saved it. It was correctly setup. But In logs I saw that:

web_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:13,921 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.base.models.ir_cron: Starting job `Mail: Fetchmail Service`. 
web_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:13,977 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: start checking for new emails on imap server imap.bluedental.pl 
web_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:14,208 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: Fetched 0 email(s) on imap server imap.bluedental.pl; 0 succeeded, 0 failed. 
mydb_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:14.216 UTC [69] ERROR: could not obtain lock on row in relation "ir_cron"
mydb_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:14.216 UTC [69] STATEMENT: SELECT id FROM "ir_cron" WHERE id IN (7) FOR UPDATE NOWAIT
web_1 | 2020-01-23 11:53:14,306 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.base.models.ir_cron: Job `Mail: Fetchmail Service` done.

I am using docker. As You see, postgresql database have problems not recognised for me. 

Email still not comes to odoo's emails. My provider email server receive all e-mails, Odoo--not. 

I sent emails from gmail account to catchall@<mydomain.com>, bounce@<mydomain.com> and to email's administrator. Nothing helped :(

Discard

Is the incoming email server configured to use the catchall@<mydomain>.com id to log into the email server ?

Author

Yes, it is

Author

My administrator email is catchall@MY_DOMAIN

LOGS after send email from gmail account and fetch email in incoming mail server:

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:19,989 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: start checking for new emails on imap server in_poczta2

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,312 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_thread: Routing mail with Message-Id <CAEKoWxCeyVg+KpRV+mcAf8KM6zGxc=-pfuB2uPqG+BU-mLqF+Q@mail.gmail.com>: route (False, 0, None, 2, mail.alias()): target model unspecified

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,312 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_thread: Routing mail from "Jan Kowalski" <jankowalskipp@gmail.com> to catchall@MY_DOMAIN"Administrator" <catchall@MY_DOMAIN> with Message-Id <CAEKoWxCeyVg+KpRV+mcAf8KM6zGxc=-pfuB2uPqG+BU-mLqF+Q@mail.gmail.com>: direct write to catchall, bounce

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,508 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_mail: Mail with ID 14 and Message-Id '<918696670294944.1580120480.330286026000977-openerp-private@e78beb85e8f3>' successfully sent

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,542 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.models.unlink: User #2 deleted mail.mail records with IDs: [14]

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,587 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.models.unlink: User #2 deleted mail.message records with IDs: [34]

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,588 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_mail: Sent batch 1 emails via mail server ID #False

web_1 | 2020-01-27 10:21:20,629 1 INFO nowa_baza odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: Fetched 1 email(s) on imap server in_poczta2; 1 succeeded, 0 failed.

Odoo gets e-mails, but how make them saved in settings>technical>emails?

I think I have to make something in "Actions to Perform on Incoming Mails" How do this?

Best Answer

Hi Jan:

1. Go to Settings > General Settings and specify your domain name in the Alias Domain field in the Discuss section. 

2. Then go to Settings >Technical > System Parameters and make sure that you have specified values for the mail.catchall.alias and mail.bounce.alias​ parameters. You will need to create these email id's in your external mail server.

3. Also go to Settings > Technical > Incoming Mail Servers and make sure you have specified a value for the Create a New Record field in your Email server configuration. 

You may find the following link posted by me a while back useful if you still face issues.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/customers-cannot-send-email-to-my-company-address-info-medinfo-com-151107#answer-151129

Discard