This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I have set up receipt in 3 steps, as described in the documentation. The docs describe how to accept purchased product into inventory, but not how to reject and return product.  This is all it says:

Of course, you may change the quantity and only transfer to stock the quantity that is valid and decide that you will return the quantity that is not good.

I believe the process should work like this:

1. Process the receipt (move from Partner Locations/Vendors to WH/Input

2. Transfer the product to the quality zone (move from WH/Input to WH/Quality Control)

3. Return product to vendor (move from WH/Quality Control to Partner Locations/Vendors)

4. Create a Refund Invoice (like in Vendor Bills)

I tried the Return button on the delivery order (Reverse button in v9), but, it only allows me to return the product to WH/Input.  Checking the To Refund box seems to have no effect.

It was suggested in another post, that a refund could be created from the delivery order, but I see no way to do that, and it doesn't happen automatically.

Return button on Delivery Order:

Return Location list and To Refund checkbox on reverse transfer:

Discard

What version (6,7,8,9,10) and edition (Community, Enterprise) are you asking about? Your screenshot looks like Community.

Author

These screenshots come from the runbot: v10, community. If there is some other solution in enterprise, I have that too.

Author

I verified the same behavior in v9 and v10

Author

Correction. I guess I was using the enterprise runbot v10.

OK. I have not checked, but I think it was version 8 that popped up a wizard that asked you if you wanted to create the refund after the return. In v9 and v10 you need to do that separately - I don't know what that checkbox "TO REFUND" does.

Best Answer

1) To return the product to vendor go to the Sales Orders and click on the Cancel button so your     order will be in CANCELLED state.

2) Now, go to the Accounting application and then Sales -> Customer Invoices . Select your invoice and open it. If earlier you have Reconciled then click on the i coloured in green circle. 

So, it will shows option for UNRECONCILE. Just click on it.

Now, it shows Refund Invoice Click on it. So, it will display one pop-up box in this select Cancel:       

create refund and reconcile Refund Method and enter any reason. After that click on CREATE  REFUND.

So, your order will be cancelled.

Discard
Author

We are talking about purchase orders, not sales orders.