This question has been flagged

Depending on the product category, I can either process incoming products using a 2-step or 3-step process.

1. 2-step:
    1. Receive from Vendors -> Input
    2. Input -> Stock
  2. 3-step:
    1. Receive from Vendors -> Input
    2. Input -> Quality Control
    3. Quality Control -> Stock

How can I set this up in Odoo?

Discard

Hi can this be altered so that some products are received in 3 steps and some products are received in 1 step?

Author

Hi Sheldon,

The operation type is the key to having multiple receipt processes within one purchase order; the destination location must be the same. In the example above, both routes use Input first.

You can have 1-step and 3-step receipts as long as these are used in separate purchase orders, since:
1) The one-step process receives into Stock
2) The tree-step process received into Input.

Hi Andrea,
Thank you for coming back to me. So I can have some product that will go through the Vendor to Input, then Input to Quality Control and then Quality Control to Stock.
Then I can have another product that will go Vendor to Stock?

I have tried a configuration like this and cannot seem to get it to work.

I always end up with some product in 3 step step (Input-QC-Stock) and the others in (Input-Stock)

Author Best Answer

For the three-step route, follow the steps below.

1. In the Inventory settings, enable multi-step routes.
  2. Go to Inventory > Configuration > Warehouse and enable the three-step receipt route on the warehouse.
  3. Create two new operation types (not a must-do, but recommended for better clarity on what needs to be done)
    1. Input to Quality
    2. Quality to Stock
  4. Open the three-step route and modify the route so that it is applied at the product category level.
  5. Modify the rules on the route so that each rule uses one of the operation types created in step 3.

Follow the next steps to create the 2-step route:

1. Create a new operation type for Input to Stock
  2. Create a new route applied at the product category level using the rule shown below.

Once both routes have been created, update the product categories with their respective routes.

Discard