This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When you only buy products from your suppliers when there is a sale, commonly known as make-to-order, and you need to have only one purchase order per sale order automatically created, even when the RFQ is not confirmed.

What would be the configurations to achieve this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

1. Enable developer mode: Settings > Enable developer mode

2. Go to Inventory > Configurations settings > Enable Multi-Step Routes and Save

3. Now we will unarchive the MTO Route, to do so: Inventory > Configuration > Routes > Filter by Archived. 

4. Select Replenish on Order (MTO) > Action and Unarchived

5. In order to have only one purchase order per sales order, you will have to configure the propagation in the rules , to do that:

Inventory > Configuration > Rules > Purchase > Edit > Propagation of Procurement Group > Propagate

Do the same for the Replenish on order route (WH: Stock → Customers (MTO)

6. Now you will need to configure your products with the route Purchase + Replenish on Order (MTO)

7. And in the Purchase tab of the product, you will need to add at least one supplier

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mariana,

thanks so much for this great entry! Very nicely explained!

If I may add something to your solution: there is another way to achieve this: 

1. Create a Reordering Rule for the product with both minimum and maximum quantities as 0 

2. Make sure that the Buy route is activated on the product 

2a. Optional: you can hardcode the Buy route on the Reordering Rule, if needed.

The function will be the same, but the benefit of the Reordering Rule is that it's more flexible -> with the MTO you need to pay attention that the generated PO is not cancelled or altered in any way, or else, it will be difficult to fulfill the order. The Reordering Rule will give this flexibility.

The advantage of the MTO, though, is that it is very visible on the Sales Order, and you will be able to see easily, which PO was created for the Sales Order.

I believe, it is worth considering, which automation to use in which case. 

Best regards,

Viktoria

Discard
Author

Thanks for your input Viktoria! Something to think about when implementing odoo. ;)

Hi Viktoria, what if I have a product, for example Product A.
And this product A has BoM, Raw A and Raw B.
When there is a sales order for product A, it will automatically create an RFQ for Raw A and Raw B products.

How to do it with reordering rules?
I have succeeded for MTO, but I want to try also with reordering rules

If I tested it right, you have to set "AUTO" as trigger to get an RFQ immediately.

Best Answer

Anyone knows how to execute it to create a service purchase order ? The inventory Tab doesn't exist when we create a service product.

Discard