This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Within 5.x and 6.x you could attach a document to every record. Has this been removed or hidden in any way in 7?

Discard
Best Answer

below every object you can write to the followers and include an attachment with that post. If you install the knowledge module and in settings-configuration-knowledge you turn on the manage documents checkbox then you get a new knowledge top level menu and from there you can see all the attachments.

Discard
Best Answer

One problem with attachment. If you install knowledge module in openerp v7 all attachments are public. They are not placed inside a specific directory even if you attach a Folders per resource to an object.

Example:

If I attach a document to on employee in knowledge it will appear with default directory empty. So it is public to anybody to delete or see the content of the attachment.

Do you know how to make attachments go to specific directory by default so I can make restriction on who can edit, delete, read that directory ?

Discard

I haven't tested it yet but you may try installing Document Management System document module, this allows you to define directories per resources in menu Knowledge -> Configuration.

In v7 Knowledge = Document Management System

Document Management System and Knowledge seems to be 2 different modules, the first depends on the second.

you are right, but the directories per resources doesn't work. By default Document Management System comes with predefined folders like Employees as Folders per resource and resource model hr.employee .

But if you go to human resources -> employees select an employee and attach a file no directory is selected in knowledge page so the attachment is always public.

Author

Spot on thanks all!

This is a Question, not an Answer. -1

Best Answer

If you cannot upload attachments, try install poppler-utils ((apt-get install poppler-utils)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Oh ok, so attaching documents is a module not installed by default. To be able to see this module and others, remove the "featured" from the filters at the top right. This will show other modules available for download.

Discard

you can attach documents without the knowledge module, just can't manage those attachments in a central place.