This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

While playing around with OERP 7, I found a few times that being able to log in/log out would show a specific URL in the browser address bar that would only allow a default db to be picked. Otherwise, we have 4-5 test DB's right now.

For some reason, I can't seem to replicate this anymore - wondering if anyone else knows what special url needs to be entered in order for a specific DB to be selected only.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

To select a specific database you can add the db option.

For example: localhost:8069/?db=database

Discard

Very true Ray, since he asked for a special URL above is what I assumed he was after. +1ed your comment though since it's a good one.

Best Answer

You can restart the server with the database options, which allow you to work with only one database. Below are listed the database options for the server:

Database related options:
    -d DB_NAME, --database=DB_NAME
                        specify the database name
    -r DB_USER, --db_user=DB_USER
                        specify the database user name
    -w DB_PASSWORD, --db_password=DB_PASSWORD
                        specify the database password
    --pg_path=PG_PATH   specify the pg executable path
    --db_host=DB_HOST   specify the database host
    --db_port=DB_PORT   specify the database port
    --db_maxconn=DB_MAXCONN
                        specify the the maximum number of physical connections to posgresql
    --db-template=DB_TEMPLATE
                        specify a custom database template to create a new database
Discard
Best Answer

You can also use --db-filter=YOUR_DATABASE to only show a single database. If you have the public portal activated, you will also be automatically logged in as well.

Discard