This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am using Odoo v13.

I installed the Subscription application and it pulled in the Sales and Invoicing applications.

I have setup a subscription template with the following details:

• Invoicing period - every 1 month
  • Duration - Fixed (6 periods)
  • Create Invoice - Send

I set up a subscription such that the date of next invoice is 05/27/2020. I was expecting a new invoice to have been created for the invoicing period of 05/27/2020 - 06/26/2020 and sent to the customer associated to the subscription.  However, no invoice was created or sent to the customer.  I also checked the customer portal to make sure that that is no invoice for that billing period.

Is this a feature supported by Odoo?  This seems to be a pretty basic functionality for Subscriptions application so I feel that I have made some error in configuration of the application.

Kindly advice how to configure the system to automatically send invoices for subsequent billing periods.

Thanks.

Discard
Author Best Answer

After some digging around, this is how to configure automatic invoices for subscription.

1. Make sure that in your subscription template the Create Invoice option is set to an anything other that Manually. 

2. Make sure that the Sale Subscription scheduled action is active.  To do this you have to activate developer mode.  Once developer mode is active:

• Go to Settings --> Technical --> Automation --> Scheduled Actions

• The list of scheduled actions is displayed

• Select the scheduled action Sale Subscription: generate recurring invoices and payments

• Make sure that the scheduled action is Active.

• You can set it to execute Every 1 Day. You can also set a time when the action should execute.

• This is the scheduled action that generates all the invoices based on when the next invoice for the subscription should be generated. Check Date of Next Invoice in the subscription.

3. To test, you can run the scheduled action manually by clicking on the Run Manually button in the scheduled action.

Discard

And how does Odoo send this invoice automatically?