This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am trying to manage a venue with odoo Inventory, that has 4 different warehouse locations. The central cooling warehouse that all products are delivered to and from there, employees create internal transfers during the day to transfer drinks from there to 3 different Bars, where the drinks are sold via different POS Sessions. These POS Sessions take stock from their own inventory, so each POS location is also a warehouse location. So far so good.

The problem is, that we have beer line from the central cooling warehouse to these POS locations, so basically, if someone buys a draft beer product via POS, the inventory should NOT be taken from the POS inventory location but from the central warehouse, since all the beer barrels are stored only there and they are not physically transfered anywhere else (different to all the bottles that are sold).

I was trying to use Rules and Routes but it won't work. Does the community know how to set up a system like the one I described!

Thanks a lot!

Discard

Hi Sebastian !

Similar problem here (in retail). Did you manage to find a solution ?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Despite being for Odoo 9.0, zbik's (RIP) answer here  https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/pos-stock-picking-locations-internal-transfers-108800 may give you the idea. Do you have one big tank for all beer lines or do you connect each line with a keg?

Discard
Author

We got 5 different sorts of beer connected from the central cooling warehouse to the POS locations. These 4 Kegs are part of BoMs that are sold at the PoS. When the BoM is sold, the POS session should take the materials to fulfill the BoM from the Kegs out of the central cooling location.

I already found zbik's answer, but it actually won't work like that. I defined Pull rules, so that whenever there is a need in the POS's location for the beer, it should pull it via internal transfers from the central cooling storage. Still, if I sell the beers, it goes into negative on the POSs storage location and does NOT create the internal transfer, even tough I activated the rule in the necessary products. Is there something I miss? Like how do I define the reordering rules the right way?

And is it not possible to just directly take certain products from certain warehouse locations, regardless the PoS location?

Thanks a lot!