This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello everybody, 

We've created our Inventory in Odoo with a lot of locations / warehouse. When we are creating sales via the normal Odoo interface, Odoo suggests us from where to pick the item. That's how our inventory keeps up-to-date. 

Nevertheless 80% of our sales are generated via POS. For each POS location we can define a standard location from where to pick the item. But this is exactly our problem: Our items are stored over a big area. This area is separated into different locations, which are all defined in Odoo. 

Here is an example of the problem: 

Let's say Product A is stored in location A/12/B with an amount of 200. The POS standard location from it will pick the items is simply Inventory/Stock (0 items).

If the POS operator sells Product A, Odoo will take the item from Inventory/Stock (-1), although the item was picked from A/12/B. This causes a wrong inventory because in A/12/B there are still the 200 items. 

I can partially understand why odoo is acting that way because the POS is made for working in offline mode. Thats why the POS cannot suggest from where to pick the item. 

My idea to solve the problem is to create an automatic internal transfer document from A/12/B -> to -> Inventory/Stock, so that Stock is 0 again and A/12/B is updated to 199.

The problem is that I have no clue how to realize that, or if this is a best practice ?

Any idea on how to solve that issue?

Discard
Best Answer

1) Select  Manage advanced routes for your warehouse in menu Settings > Configuration > Warehouse

2) Set the appropriate Reordering Rule in Inventory/Stock (menu: Warehouse > Configuration > Reordering Rules)

3) Define Route with Pull Flow (menu: Warehouse > Configuration > Routes) and its priority (very important!)
Pull Flow -  to create an automatic internal transfer document from A/12/B -> to -> Inventory/Stock

4) Select this Route in product view (sheet Procurements)

Documentation and examples, see:
http://openerpbook.com/warehouse/
http://openerpbook.com/warehouse/5_14_Stock_mvts.html#pull-flow

and file content stock.rst in folder /addons/stock/doc

Discard
Best Answer

Hi!

Does this mean, that if you have a store where you have a lot of locations (ie shelves, etc) like we do (400) you'd have to set up a rule for each of them? Is there no way it can take it from the overlaying location?

Discard
Best Answer

Any updates? We have the same issue here.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi zbik, 

I followed your instruction and read the documentation. But your solution doesn't work. Odoo does NOT create any internal transfer :-( Any other idea?

Discard