This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi, 

I wonder which of the version of wkhtmltopdf should I use for ubuntu 14 or 16 and Odoo 10? 

any one get the idea? 

In fact i install one but I find i cannot print out barcode? I know if i change as html print format the barcode shows. I wonder if it is a problem with the wkhtmltopdf version. 

Discard

Hi Ray,

firstly here is my odoo setup:

Ubuntu 14.04, Odoo 10E

yes, I have installed wkhtmltopdf 0.12.1 and additional reportlab fonts (pfbfer.zip). I can "print" barcode in display if i set Odoo report format as HTML. But when i set to pdf, no barcode is shown and a typical box is shown in the file. 

Have anything I am still missing? A past forum (2014) mentioned that may require reinstall reportlab, libjpeg etc ( https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3234). I just wonder if it is still useful to my Odoo10 before I try it. Any idea? 

Anyone else come across this issue and get an answer? 

Best Answer

First we have to install latest version of  wkhtmltopdf to convert html to pdf.  Old versions does not support some features. So it is recommended to use wkhtmltopdf 0.12.2.4  . 

To install wkhtmltopdf 0.12.2.4, use the following commands one after another.

In Ubuntu 14.04, open the terminal and type:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ecometrica/servers

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install wkhtmltopdf

Discard

Where did you read that version 0.12.2.4 is recommended? Did you thoroughly test Odoo (different versions) with this version and everything works fine out of the box?

Best Answer
To print PDF reports, you must install wkhtmltopdf yourself: the version of wkhtmltopdf available in debian repositories does not support headers and footers so it can not be installed automatically.

The recommended version is 0.12.1 and is available on the wkhtmltopdf download page, in the archive section.

As there is no official release for Debian Jessie, you can find ours on the extra section of our nightly server.

From http://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/setup/install.html

Discard