This question has been flagged

Hi,

I need :

- to create a marketplace with several sellers/vendors

- each seller has a dedicate product catalog

- a client can search a product in all catalogs

- a client can buy like Amazon different products from different sellers in one time 

Is it possible with Odoo 9 and how ?

Do you know reference of website in production using Odoo as a marketplace ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Natasha

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

Now you can easily build your marketplace in Odoo with the help of Odoo Multi Vendor MarketplaceThe module allows you to connect with multiple vendors so that they can sell their products on your Online Store. Your business model can attract “Brick-Mortar sellers” to sign in for your Odoo Marketplace. As it gives an opportunity for them to place their markable impression to the wide audience. As a Marketplace Owner (Admin), you have complete authority to approve/disapprove products, orders, sellers, etc, manage sellers’ payments, seller shops and much more.

Features:

1. Transform your Odoo Website into Online store for multiple vendors

2. Add terms and condition on the seller registration form

3. Admin can also sell his/her own products on the Marketplace

4. Only sellers approved by admin can upload their products on Online Store

5. Admin can set manual or auto-approval of seller products and their quantities.

6. Only approved products by admin are displayed on store

7. Assign individual warehouses and locations for all sellers for Effective inventory management.

8. Allows to show/hide seller’s information on the website such as sales count, Product count, Return Policy, Joining date, shipping policy, etc.

9. Allow customers to reach out to the seller through ‘Email to Seller’ button.

10. Each seller has a separate shop and profile page in the marketplace.

11. Sellers can set a unique profile page and provide shop description, shop name, tagline, etc on the website.

12. The seller can provide the shop’s term and conditions using WYSIWYG.

13. View total sales and easily manage all orders on your shop( sales order analysis )

14. Overview all shop related information like products approval requests, total orders on his account and seller payments directly on the seller dashboard.

Regards

--
 Webkul
Anisha Bahukhandi
Technical Content Writer (ODOO)

Webkul Software Pvt. Ltd.Contact : India (+91)-9870284067 USA (+1)-9143531684  
Address H-28, ARV Park, Sector 63 ,
Noida-201301 (U.P.) 
India (Branch Office)

Facebook - Webkul  Twitter - Webkul  Youtube - Webkul Ticket Support - Webkul
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, copy, distribute, or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify us. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system.
Discard

This is great. I have a marketplace on WordPress and a big challenge is the calculation of shipping costs. They can vary greatly depending on the country or origin, destination, size and dimensions. How does Odoo Multi Vendor Marketplace deal with that? I am going to start another project and I am considering Odoo..

Hello Jorge Gallego,

Yes, Odoo Multi Vendor Marketplace is fully compatible with Odoo Shipping Cost Methodology as per your current requirements. There are shipping methods in Odoo that you can install and configure that based on the configuration of which shipping rates are calculated.

Refer the screenshot which shows how the shipping methods are configured: https://nimb.ws/GRX5wu

Kindly refer the screenshot to check the shipping cost can be managed via its size and dimensions of the product: https://nimb.ws/XFzOGv

Refer the screenshot to set the Destination and Availability: https://nimb.ws/Io1ruY

You can checkout our module Odoo Multi Vendor Marketplace yourself with the help of its demo: http://odoodemo.webkul.com/?module=odoo_marketplace&lifetime=120&lout=1&custom_url=/

I hope your doubts are clear now; you can also drop us a mail at support@webkul.com

Regards

Anisha Bahukhandi

Best Answer

Hello Natasha. It sounds like interesting Odoo project. Basically,there could be 2 scenarios to implement this idea:

1) To Create Suppliers as Different companies in Odoo database (multi company approach). They would be able to see just the data related to their company and website would Show Products of all the companies

2) To Create Supplier Portal so that each supplier could log in and edit relevant data of their products, but there would be one company.

In both case Customer would be able to search all the catalogs.

I do not believe that you could find such a project already implemented but hopefully maybe somebody will send you an example!

Discard
Author

Ok thanks Dovydas. No one has an example of marketplace in production using Odoo ?

See my answer :)

Best Answer

Hi Natasha,

I am also looking for a multi-vendor marketplace solution with odoo.

Did you find already a way to realize it?

I am looking forward to hear from you,

best regards

Nicole

Discard
Best Answer

i prefer a broker model 

Discard
Best Answer

My two cents, look at this example of Odoo-based marketplace:  http://www.pneusgom.gp/

It is not probably the best site ever, but I think that, all and all, itis well acomplished.

Hope it helps!

Discard

HI Lucio

could you please suggest a way to achieve such a solution

Best Answer

Hi Natasha,

We have previously created a multi-vendor marketplace on another platform and we are currently looking at the feasibility of porting it to Odoo.

Marketplaces can be a bit of a technical and legal minefield.  There are a number of different models that you can use.  The simplest is the "Aggregator" approach which is the approach outlined by Dovydas above i.e. you would set up an e-commerce store in Odoo and then create accounts for your vendors with permissions for them to add/amend product details.  There would be one checkout and when a customer purchases a product they purchase it from you.  In the Aggregator model, the customer is purchasing from you and you will need to pay out to the vendor (supplier).   If there are any disputes you will need to resolve them.  This approach is technically the easiest to implement but you have more legal responsibilities and overheads in running the marketplace.

On the opposite end of the spectrum to the Aggregator is a true multi-vendor marketplace.  As Dovydas stated above you could use Odoo's multi-company functionality to allow vendors to only access their own product catalogues.  However you might also want to think about the following:

- Payment systems - Stripe, Paypal (Braintree) and others offer marketplace payment systems so that you can do split payments, partial payments, escrow and other useful marketplace features.  Not all features are offered in all countries.

- Commissions - You can end up paying double on payment charges (payment from customer, payment to vendor) depending on the payment system you use and how you implement it.

- Single shopping cart - multiple vendor products - In the Aggregator approach this is easy because the customer is buying from you.   In a multi-vendor marketplace you will need to split the order into sub-orders and place these with the vendors separately.

You should be able to achieve all of the above in Odoo, but I am not aware of any out of the box marketplace solution.

Discard