This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I just decided to update my odoo 14 image with `docker pull odoo:14` and I thought it will be working as this should be only minor update and it's completely broken now. It doesn't know project module and it crashes when I want to install a new one or uninstall the old one(when it doesn't know it) or going to settings is impossible.

I know that with free edition I am not able to upgrade major version (14 to 15), but it is impossible to upgrade even just the image? So I should backup that image somewhere because otherwise I am not able to use odoo anymore?

Is there a way how to make this work? I switched back to previous image and everything works, but this feels really bad.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Matous,

With Docker pull, it just update the image but it doesn't upgrade, it pulls latest update of that image.

With your case, the project module have broken, you should post the error so that people can help you to solve that error. 

Again upgrading to odoo v15.0 it also required a lot to consideration, custom module upgrade and on database too.

Please remember to always have a backup of Odoo before doing update or upgrade.

Cheers!

Paul

Discard