This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Odoo 14, CE

I have a BoM attached to a product that is subcontracted. I have the subcontractor service cost on the purchase tab of the product. That cost is not automatically included when I press the "Compute cost from BoM" link.

The documentation describes the cost as being A + B + s = C. The subcontractor cost is "s". I have that on the purchase tab. It is supposed to be added to the components we supply which are "A". Those are what I have on the BoM. 

Do I have to also add a product to the BoM that represents the subcontractor cost?

Discard
Best Answer

Subcontract cost should not be added to the BOM.

The bit that is missing from the the documentation is how the product valuation is done. For subcontracting cost to show the product valuation needs to be Average Price or FIFO.

With average costing enabled the cost of the product gets updated as soon as inventory is added. Keep in mind that the average price calculation will use all stock moves to calculate the value of stock. 

Discard
Best Answer

Same Issue here.
I can find subcontracting type BoMs structures where the cost is calculated as described in the documentation, but I also have multiple examples where the vendor price under the purchase tab is not added to the BoM nor the Cost field under the General informations tab.

Discard

Subcontracting price will not show on the BOM. Operations done by Work orders will.

For the iProducts that are not showing the actual cost on the General Product tab it could be that the average pricing is calculated with lots of historical moves that will keep the price down till more subcontracting is done. (Testing with a new product that does not have stock moves without subcontracting will show the expected cost you are after)