This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Did anyone come across any standards for processes description in Odoo community?
I am currently considering using of ARIS Express tool and EPC notation with one of the Odoo clients.
It would be nice to have the flowcharts / diagrams for Odoo modules on one side and the client’s processes “as is” on the other side to be in the same notation…

Related questions:

1) https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/where-is-the-workflow-chart-of-odoo-standard-modules-55684

2) https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/business-process-diagrams-124384#answer-155472

Discard
Author Best Answer

No, I didn't. I finished up with showing the users ARIS Express program and described the processes with its help. That was done for "as is" part of the project. I was disappointed that there were no ready process maps for all modules prepared in some standard notation ("to be" part). IMHO those maps should be prepared by the module maintainers and integrated deeply into documentation (and source code, i.e. put under source control into the master branch). They should provide user friendly and DRY alternative to documentation in html / text format. On my project the partner preferred to send videos and tutorials (screencasts) to the users when they had questions. In my opinion it's suboptimal since you cannot scroll video (playing it on 10x speed is nonsense), it's non machine readable, greedy for resources etc.

SUMMARY:

1) video tutorial / screencast = good for introduction, not good at all for processes description,

2) html or plain text documentation = suboptimal solution (better than nothing, but for a complex ERP system trying to reach users and blow the market it's definitely not enough),

3) process maps with all the details (events, states, transitions etc.) integrated into the code as tight as possible - is the way to go for the community / partners / vendors

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dmitry,

Did you find anything?

Discard