This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Is there a way to set up the Work Order of a Mfg Order to process single pieces instead of the entire batch?

What I'd like to see is that if my mfg order calls for 100pcs, the underlying work order starts at 0 and the 100pcs aren't recognized as complete until I close the wo. I'd like to have it be where my team hits a button each time they complete 1pc. They would essentially create WIP in realtime all the way up to the 100th piece.

With this information I can pull a query and see actual production. Employee "X" clocked 82pcs, so 18pcs remain for tomorrow. Right now the only way I know to see this is to cycle count the material.

Discard
Author Best Answer
You can do this in an incredibly labor-intensive way unfortunately.
In work center of a routing select "Once some products are processed" and save.
When processing the work order you have to manually key in 1pc and process. Repeat this process for each unit until the MO is completed.
    The burden of remembering to always load 1pc in that field makes this untenable for my users.

In simpler terms, Odoo would be required to develop this solution.
Discard
Best Answer

Key in qty produced is not so work intensive. But Odoo is missing the function to post inventory from the work order, before you complete the order.

You can post part produced /consumed from MO, but not from the work order.

I consider what Jesse ask for, as best practice.

Discard