This question has been flagged
  1. I'm receiving sale order from customer via custom eCommerce app

2. I'm generating pro-forma invoice and sending it to the customer.

3. When I receive a bank transfer I'm confirming the order and preparing for delivery.

4. After the delivery I want to generate an actual invoice with an information that is is already paid based on pro-forma and that there is nothing more to do.

How do I do this? Is there such workflow in Odoo?

Using Odoo13

Discard
Best Answer

A Proforma Invoice isn't a financial invoice, so it can't be paid.  It's often used for customs clearance because an invoice document is required.

If you want the customer to pay before delivery and to be able to record the payment you need a downpayment invoice.  This amount will be deducted from the "final" invoice (so if 100% is prepaid this invoice has zero outstanding).

Discard
Author

But then system would get bloated with additional invoices. We want to have only one financial invoice at the end.

Maybe instead of down payment there is a way of achieving this by using Deferred Revenues?

I think you have a choice of two workflows. You can create a downpayment invoice and record the payment against that, or you can reconcile the payment received against the sales invoice when you create it. Either will work.

Best Answer

yes, in Odoo you can print and send pro-forma invoice directly from sales order. So, in your case when you receive order from e-commerce add sales order in odoo, then send pro-forma invoice from sales order (also possibility same time you can send payment link).

Then, once you receive payment confirm the sales order, deliver the product and create actual invoice and mark as paid.

Discard
Author

But I'm doing this right now. The problem is that the actual invoice does not take into the account that order is already paid.

So your invoice still in open stage ? you can probably link the payment to invoice or link from reconcile view/

Author

I want to generate actual invoice after the delivery is complete, so before I create an invoice I don't see a way of registering payment (automatically at least - I could do it by hand, but it is very tiresome).

And additionally when I generate actual invoice I would like it to show, that there is nothing more to pay because it was already covered at the pro-forma stage.

Author

I've just now read about Deferred Revenues. But I'm not sure if it is the same thing because in my company we don't use such terminology.