What documentation is available for odoo?
Learn OpenERP is a great platform where you can specially learn OpenERP (odoo) and its programming concepts from A to Z. The purpose of creating this blog is to help those people who wants to develop their own OpenERP Systems. Have a look please:
14 December 2014: Interested in functional documentation for Odoo? Fill out this odoo survey to help them decide if they should crowd fund more documentation for Odoo.
Odoo Version 9:
- None available yet.
Odoo Version 8:
- Official odoo v8 Developer docs [GitHub Source]
- Official odoo v8 Website Designer docs (Crowdfunding campaign written)
- Odoo v8 Basic Configuration Guide [PDF] (work in progress by OP)
- Odoo v8 Database Scheme (Thanks go to Borut Jures for his work)
- Odoo's New v8 API Guidelines [GitHub Source | PDF | OpenDays video]
- OpenERP v8 Book [Launchpad Source] (Community written)
- Official odoo How-To docs (Community written, odoo approved)
OpenERP Version 7:
- Official OpenERP v7 docs
- Official OpenERP v7 Web Developers docs [PDF]
- Official OpenERP Technical Memento v0.7.4 [French Version]
- OpenERP v7 User docs (Written by odoo silver partner - erpweb)
OpenERP Version 6.1:
- Official OpenERP v6.1 docs
- Official OpenERP Technical Memento v0.6.5_Draft [v0.6.4]
- Drive your Sales and Marketing Activities with OpenERP (PDF Book)
- Integrate You Logistic Processes with OpenERP (PDF Book)
- Open Object Developer Book (PDF Book)
- Open Source Accounting with OpenERP (PDF Book)
- OpenERP Evaluation with SAP as Reference (PDF Book)
- OpenERP for Accounting and Financial Management (PDF Book)
- OpenERP for Retail and Industrial Management (PDF Book)
- OpenERP, a modern approach to Integrated Business Management (PDF Book)
- Streamline Your Manufacturing Processes with OpenERP (PDF Book)
No, I mean the document that they are currently working on and will be finished in about a month that is included in all of the PERKS except the 15 Euro version and according to the comments in the campaign will most likely be made open source next year. This thread is about documentation (whether it is free or for sale) regarding odoo and therefore I included it for people who wish to know about it. It is not really more complicated than that. Cheers.
Another community driven project towards Odoo Tutorials has just been launched at http://www.odorials.com. A first beginner tutorial for Odoo 7.0 is already available at http://odorials.com/tutorials/general/how-to-start-using-odoo/.
As per an email Odoo sent out in June 2019, they are planning to make their entire support and training platform free.
It can be found on :
This is great news as it is also the newest information available for Odoo 12!
See email below , dated 20 june 2019
We're proud to announce that our very own eLearning platform is online.
Which means this platform will soon be closed. Everything we produced and will produce going forward will only be available on Odoo.com/slides entirely for free!
We have more than 120 functional videos, business cases, and quizzes covering all Odoo Apps (more than 18 hours of content!).
Please join us there and become a (super)hero of Odoo.
We hope the platform will be as much fun for you to use as it was for us creating it!
If you need any further information, please reach out to us.
The Odoo eLearning team.