Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have decided to write a beginners configuration guide for Odoo v8 and I would love your help and input.
You can join the discussion and help create the document with me or just send me suggestions, links etc.
UPDATE: Due to apparent lack of interest, zero meaningful feedback and support of the community... I have decided to write the document as I need each item. As of right now I am not running my own personal Odoo server.
I have started working on a the skeleton of a document. You can log in and add your edits, comments, links etc.
These are the chapters that I look to cover. It would be nice if someone was willing to help.
- Before you begin - Finished 25 December 2014
- Problems / Support
- News / Keeping Current
- Installation instructions (Linux and Windows)
- Dependent Python libraries and packages for Odoo
- Server configuration file parameters
- Creating a database
- Activating “Technical Features”
- Deciding where your documents (attachments) will reside
- Deciding/configuring password security (LDAP, Active Directory, Google, etc)
- Setting up a company (incl. multi company constructions)
- Configuring a default language
- Customizing Odoo for my country
- Setting the default timezone
- Installing modules manually
- Making my website publicly accessible(Link address IP + port with domain name)
- Using odoo with nginx and https
- Creating users and groups
- Setting up users access rights
- Configuring email(Multi users)
- Configuring Google product connectors
- Configuring company-wide chat
- Activating developer mode
- Customizing workflows
- Customizing reports(Simple reports and reports with charts)
- Backing up and restoring the database(Windows and linux)
- Debugging: How to capture a trace report
- Tuning your system
- How to use command line interface on windows
Fantastic job you're doing!
for reports, I suggest you consider Pentaho<http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Reporting/Installing+and+configuring+PRD>
for Using HTTPS with nginx, I recommend the following links:
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/22/14, 10:47 AM|
|Seen: 5271 times|
|Last updated: 8/31/15, 6:25 AM|