Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to generate automatically a custom EAN13 code for new products

By
E.M.
on 6/14/15, 12:07 PM 1,175 views

I would like to assign custom EAN13 codes for all products.

Is there any easy option to generate an EAN13 code for every new product?

It might be something simple like a sequence which is increased for every product introduced in the database, prefixed with the right manufacturer code and with the right appended control digit

mehdi
On 7/6/15, 3:56 AM

this module is not automatically because you must use button.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_barcode_generator/

E.M.
On 6/14/15, 2:20 PM

I tried https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_barcode_generator/, without success.

I installed the module and reload everything.

I see you can select a sequence both in company and in product category. I populated both and tried to create a new product. Nothing happens to product EAN13 field

I wonder if this is just for POS (I am not using POS). or if I am just missing how it works.

I also tried to look for more specific documentation but I was not able to find it.

Button 'Generate the EAN13' is visible only on product.product view (Product Variant view) not on product.template view. And works on demand.

zbik
on 6/15/15, 11:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/14/15, 12:07 PM
Seen: 1175 times
Last updated: 11/21/16, 5:11 PM