This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi guys,

I created a product that initially had all the variants defined, and gave it a barcode. Then, realising I could build easily with variants, I adjusted the name of the product, created the variants and gave each one a specific barcode.

I'm now trying to remove the barcode from the "mother" product, and don't seem to find the place to do it. So now, I have a barcode conflict...

Imagine you had a product called iPhone X 64Gb Silver (and gave it a barcode), and then realised it would be easier to simply call the product iPhone and use as variants the model, the capacity and the color. 

I can't seem to be able to remove the barcode from this iPhone product I created.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you in advance,

Luis Beires

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Activate the developer mode and click the debugger button at the top right near logged in users name and click on Edit View form, and then in the architecture you can see the barcode field(the highlighted one in the image).

<field name="barcode" attrs="{'invisible': [('product_variant_count', '&gt;', 1)]}"/>

Remove the attrs from the field(cut and paste some where) and reload the screen, you will see barcode field, edit and change the value and reset the field to original.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

You can also export the data in product.template (just the "External ID" and "Barcode" fields) into a xlsx/csv file, clear the barcode values in the file and import it back into Odoo.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you guys!

Discard