This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi 

When I started reconciliation, the entries that I have journaled directly to bank is not listed in the reconciliation list.

Do I want to enable any settings to get it.

Thanks.

Discard
Thanks Ray,

Do we need to enable the 'allow reconcile' option in Bank chart of account.

Kind Regards
Salih

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 2:56 AM Ray Carnes (ray) <ray@odoo.com> wrote:

A new answer on Bank Reconciliation - manual Journal Entries not shown on reconcilation screen? has been posted. Click here to access the post :

See post

Ray Carnes

Business Analyst - Odoo Inc.
Greater Los Angeles, CA 92346

Direct Line (UTC-8): +1.909.864.4576

Sent by Odoo Inc. using Odoo.

Best Answer

We do not recommend manually journaling cash / bank balances.  There is always a real-world transaction associated with every amount.  For auditing purposes and to make sure the additional controls that transactions provide can be leverage, we suggest posting to AP or AR instead of cash, then either creating the payment manually or automatically (via Bank reconciliation).

See also https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/invoice-payment-reconciliation-with-journal-entries-139890

Discard
Best Answer

Let me preface this by saying that I've struggled with the same problem (see my "Bank Reconciliation: Missing journal entries").  For what it's worth, however, let me suggest that you experiment with the following (noting that I'm using the Enterprise version 10):

1.  If no Partner is listed, it will say, in red, "Select a partner or choose a counterpart."  My understanding is that Odoo tries to match up bank and journal entries by the partner name and/or by the dollar amount.  It's possible that  you entered a company name twice (e.g., "Company ABDC", "Company ABDC LLC") and it's looking for a match with the wrong partner/company name.  If you remove the company name, then...

2.  Put your cursor to the left of the journal entry number and a small wheel (cog) should appear.  Clicking on that will open up other journal entries that were not present before.

3.  On the right side of the journal grayed out 'Filter...' for that bank line item you'll see something that looks like this:  < > .  If you click on the right greater than sign (>) it will show even more journal entries and you may find a match that way.

4.  It's possible, of course, that despite your best efforts there will be no match because you failed to enter a journal entry (missing receipts, etc.).  Copy the URL (https://~~~) line, open a new browser window and then go to Accounting|Adviser|Journal Entries.  This should bring up a list of your journal entries.  (In the top right you'll see the number of items shown on the page that would look something like "1-80/412 < >"; you can change the 2nd number to the total number and that will put all of the entries to view on one web page).  If you select Group By|Date this will let you see the journal entries for any particular month.  You can then scan through those and see if, in fact, you see what you think should be there...or find out that it's not there at all.

I hope you find this of some value in resolving your problem.  All success. Scott

Discard