This question has been flagged
7 Replies

According to https://www.odoo.com/de_DE/forum/hilfe-1/question/how-to-setup-email-alias-111570 I created aliases for all users. In this case it is firstname.lastname@mycompany.com. I checked userid from the database and did settings for Record Thread ID and Parent Record Thread ID in the alias configuration for the user.

While testing the configuration, no mails are received by the system. The mail will be sent to firstname.lastname@mycompany.com .The message in the inbox at the provider will be touched and set as read message. But the mail does not arrive to Odoo. When I check the logs I see the folloging error:

2018-12-06 05:56:20,732 844 INFO mydomainname odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: start checking for new emails on imap server catchall

2018-12-06 05:56:21,661 844 INFO mydomainname odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_thread: Routing mail with Message-Id <AM4PR0801MB2740F9DCF5C7CAC9311F0916EEA90@AM4PR0801MB2740.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>: route ('res.users', 18, {}, 2, mail.alias(7,)): model res.users does not accept document update, fall back on document creation

2018-12-06 05:56:21,661 844 INFO mydomainname odoo.addons.mail.models.mail_thread: Routing mail with Message-Id <AM4PR0801MB2740F9DCF5C7CAC9311F0916EEA90@AM4PR0801MB2740.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com>: route ('res.users', 18, {}, 2, mail.alias(7,)): model res.users does not accept document update; skipping

2018-12-06 05:56:21,661 844 INFO mydomainname odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: Failed to process mail from imap server catchall.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/fetchmail/models/fetchmail.py", line 178, in fetch_mail

res_id = MailThread.with_context(**additionnal_context).message_process(server.object_id.model, data[0][1], save_original=server.original, strip_attachments=(not server.attach))

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/mail/models/mail_thread.py", line 1418, in message_process

routes = self.message_route(msg_txt, msg, model, thread_id, custom_values)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/mass_mailing/models/mail_thread.py", line 33, in message_route

return super(MailThread, self).message_route(message, message_dict, model, thread_id, custom_values)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/mail/models/mail_thread.py", line 1273, in message_route

update_author=True, assert_model=True, create_fallback=True)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/mail/models/mail_thread.py", line 1047, in message_route_verify

self._routing_warn(_('model %s does not accept document update') % model, _('skipping'), message_id, route, assert_model)

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/mail/models/mail_thread.py", line 946, in _routing_warn

raise ValueError(short_message)

ValueError: Mailbox unavailable - model res.users does not accept document update

2018-12-06 05:56:21,778 844 INFO mydomainname odoo.addons.fetchmail.models.fetchmail: Fetched 1 email(s) on imap server catchall; 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

UserId and AliasId seems to be correct! What does this error mean?

Discard
Best Answer

FINAL UPDATE:

Elaine at Odoo did a lot of digging and confirmed that this "feature" had been causing quite a bit of confusion - some of the more technical folk could make this work, but then later on it caused some problems.  The decision was made to remove this "feature" - which was never intended to work.

I have passed on the recommendation that using a single GMAIL alias has these advantages:

1. Retain corporate control/audit of internal email

2. Save a lot on GMAIL monthly bills

3. Dramatic reduction in mail administration

Elaine says that these are valid issues and they will discuss it internally.  I would say, if you feel strongly about this issue, please do make your voice heard.  For myself, I am about to spend a bunch of money at GMAIL and open my business to a major extra administration :-(

Thanks to Elaine for her awesome Odoo support!

-------------

Original Reply:

So far as I can find online, you need to set (presuming user_id=2):

• Alias Model: Users

• Record Thread ID: 2

• Default Values: {'user_id':2}

• Alias Contact Security: Everyone

• Owner: (user chosen from drop-down list)

• Parent Model: Users

• Parent Record Thread ID: 2

As far as I know, this SHOULD be working.  But as everyone else on the planet seems to be noticing - not in Odoo V12.

I have opened a support ticket with Odoo and will update this thread once I have a response.

-----------------

Update: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/29298

This seems to say that Odoo is not intended to be used as a mail client and that they are not supporting the ability for users to have an alias.  Alias is only designed to be used with chatter. So unless my support ticket says otherwise, I am guessing that we close this as "no longer a feature". But I will update when I hear officially.

Discard
Best Answer

I cannot believe what I read in this thread. In V11 this feature does work, now using V13 it doesn't. I remember the times when Odoo did promote this feature as mayor advantage to reduce the administration and hosting costs of individual mail accounts. I see there is a problem in bigger companies, that the Odoo "mailserver" can't handle all the spam mails of several dozens of user alias mails, but in a smaller company this was a really nice feature. If there is an expert around I would be interested to see a workaround to enable this feature on V12/13. If it is only the missing creation right in the res.users model it shouln'd be such a hassle.

ValueError: Mailbox unavailable - model res.users does not accept document creation      
Discard

At least for V12 exists a module that solves this issue.

https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/mail_user_alias/

Best Answer

V13 incoming mail not working. Settings confirmed but no email incoming

Discard
Best Answer

There is a  possibility that user may face issues like, ‘Outlook not receiving emails’, ‘Outlook is slow to receive emails’, ‘unable to receive emails in Outlook but can send outlook incoming mail is not working’ etc. While sending or receiving emails. So, it becomes necessary to tackle the root causes of harmful errors. Check out the deeper information http://bit.ly/35IptFm

Discard
Best Answer

Same here V12-20190314- mails go out and come back in , but other mails are not picked-up by the fetchmail. Have you found any solution in the meantime? I'm lost and the email management is a key function for me.

Discard
Best Answer

Same here and all over the internet. seems like all tickets related to Odoo 12 and this issue in github are closed without any answer...

Discard
Best Answer

Same here V12-20190314- mails go out and come back in , but other mails are not picked-up by the fetchmail. Have you found any solution in the meantime? I'm lost and the email management is a key function for me.

Discard