This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

Is it true that I can't use my Outlook 365 business account's SMTP server? Odoo is community version.

Discard

Dear,

I’m not available at the moment, I have restricted access to my emails and I’m not able to handle them immediately.

Please write to Reinhild Roland or Daniel Verlinden or info@verodesign.net in the meanwhile.

Kind regards,

Cristopher Verlinden

Best Answer

Microsoft 365 or Office 365 SMTP relay uses a connector to authenticate the mail sent from your device or application. This authentication method allows Microsoft 365 or Office 365 to relay those messages to your own mailboxes and external recipients.

Greetings,
Peter

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dragan,

I did exactly same than insctructions also with DNS settings. The issue is same. I can send internally in my domain but for external domain of my customer I have issue.

And also internally mails are directly to spam box.

Can you assist when you are available ?

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

I am using office 365 as smtp server with Outlook connector. Set up is quite easy.

Here is the manual:

https://ventor.tech/guides/how-to-configure-emails-to-work-with-office-365-and-odoo/

Discard

Hi Dragan,

I'm using the outlook365 SMTP with the relay server connection, but we can only send emails from ODOO within our own domain.

As soon as we send from ODOO an email outside our domain, it doesn't work.

Did you have this issue as well or is there a setting that we might missed?

Hi Cristopher,

What exactly do you mean when you say "an email outside our domain, it doesn't work". Email send failed, or it ends up in the Junk folder on the receiver side, or it is blocked by the receivers server?

When I was setting my Odoo instance to work with Office 365 account I came across a very practical tutorial saying that I need to have two records in my DNS settings in order to prevent spoofing. Here it is:

Type Host name Points to address or Value Priority TTL

MX @ your-domain.mail.protection.outlook.com 0 3600

TXT @ v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all 0 3600

Additionally, you will need to correctly set your outgoing server in Odoo. Here it is:

Description: Name it as you like

Priority: 10

SMTP Server: your-domain.mail.protection.outlook.com

SMTP Port: 25 (make sure your server hosting provider has opened port 25 for you. this port is usually banned for security reasons).

Connection security: None

Username: leave empty

Password: leave empty

For me, email functionality works like charm for years now. So, I hope this will help you, too.

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Thanks and regards,

Dragan

Hi Dragan,

Will check it in office365 settings.

Getting following error message when trying to send to someone who has another email address than our domain.

(can't add picture to my post)

Onbekende fout: E-mail afleveren mislukt Mail versturen via SMTP server 'None"mislukt. SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'xxx@outlook.com': (550, b'5.7.64 TenantAttribution; Relay Access Denied [DB5EUR03FT039.eop-EUR03.prod.protection.outlook.com]')}

Christopher, follow my instructions and in case you still have issues, we can connect via skype or ms teams, share screens, and I will assist you with everything.

Cheers

is this modules are compatible with Odoo 8 version ?
Is there any solution for Odoo 8 ?

Best Answer

Anybody?

We have ODOO running on AWS, but not able to use outlook365 SMTP server.

AWS should indicate it's an on-premise installation. We have an enterprise edition.

Discard
Author

I have got workaround, which is to use AWS Simple Email Service to send emails. In SES, you can configure your outlook info there.

Hi Ying, could you share your workaround?

Author

Go to AWS Simple Email Service, follow the instruction to add your outlook domain and verify it. In Odoo, connect to SES smtp server and send email, that's it.