This question has been flagged

Hello people I hope everybody is staying safe! I wanted to use Odoo's open source community version as the back-end base for a POS system I'm building. After comparing the community vs enterprise edition (https://www.odoo.com/page/editions) I noticed there are quite a few features that aren't included in the open-source system.

I was under the impression that Odoo was a true open-source system that didn't limit its functions, so can those features be enabled/added manually after installing the free version with some knowhow and tinkering, or are those features not available at all without paying?

Thank you very much for your help!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Yes its possible to move to enterprise edition later on if you feel the open source community edition features are not enough for you. Now you can start using the community edition and see, whether it contains all the features that you look for, if something is missing you can check out odoo app store for third party modules also.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Cool thank you Niyas1

Best Answer

Hi Javier:

If the features are listed only in the enterprise edition, you will not have access to the code unless you pay for them.

As mentioned by Niyas, you have a couple of options:

1. Start with the community edition and then migrate to the enterprise edition. However, this will be a system migration and not just a matter of installing the missing modules.

2. Use 3rd party apps available in the Odoo store with the community edition, if they meet your needs.

Discard
Author

Awesome! I'll definitely go over the 3rd party apps then because I know the community features are a little bit limited for my needs. Thank you Paresh