This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

I'm using Odoo Community v15 via Docker compose and now I'm testing upgrade to v17 Enterprise.

The documentation : https://www.odoo.com/documentation/17.0/administration/on_premise/community_to_enterprise.html

Says to install "web_enterprise" addons, but I get many errors on the logs like :

odoo.modules.loading: Some modules are not loaded, some dependencies or manifest may be missing: ['iap_extract']
odoo.modules.loading: Some modules have inconsistent states, some dependencies may be missing: ['account_invoice_extract', 'account_invoice_extract_purchase', 'hr_mobile', 'mail_enterprise', 'mail_mobile', 'stock_barcode', 'stock_barcode_mrp', 'stock_barcode_picking_batch', 'web_mobile']

I'm comparing community addons to enterprise addons, and I see for example 'iap_extract' isn't present on Community.

• Community : 496 addons
  • Enterprise : 1094 addons

I have created a mounted volume on the Docker: /mnt/enterprise-addons/ to put the missing modules from the error log. But there is many many more to add manually (1094 - 496).

How to maintain updated sources from Enterprise without having to manually download + extract the odoo_17.0+e.latest.tar.gz and copy addons ?

Regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If you don't have access to the odoo enterprise repository, the only option is to download the code from the download page and manually add it to the server.

Here instead of copying from one to another, just directly add the addons path to the new folder. The version you received will be community + enterprise, so either you can remove the existing addons path and point to this one, or you can keep the existing path and in addition to it, you can add the new one also.

If the module is available in two paths, from the first path it will take available apps and rest from the second.

See: How To Upgrade Odoo Community Database Into Enterprise Edition

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Ensure that you have added the path of your enterprise code in to your odoo conf file, You can separately subscribe for the enterprise code and add the addons path of the enterprise near to your odoo addons.
Please refer to our below blog:

How to Upgrade Odoo Community Database to Enterprise

Hope it helps

Discard
Author Best Answer

It's a shame that community edition is easiest to upgrade source code than enterprise via a single docker pull command.

Discard