This question has been flagged
1 Reply

One my odoo 15 community: When users are signed in and they click on a course (the course options are enroll policy = public; visibility = public), they constantly get this yellow pop up on the top right corner saying: 

Access ErrorDue to security restrictions, you are not allowed to access 'Contact' (res.partner) records. Contact your administrator to request access if necessary.

This is confusing people as it doesn't prevent them from accessing the course yet gives that impression.... 

Upon further testing I realized that while the error pops up, the reviews tab of the course is blank.

When I turn off the reviews then the problem goes away... This tells me that there is something wrong in one of the review but I am not sure what. 

The review section includes: 

- reviews 

- email replies to the catchall emails that gets logged under the reviews that as "internal notes" 

[by the way how do I delete these internal notes?]

Q1 - What in the reviews is possibly causing this and what needs to be fixed?

Q2 - And how do I delete these internal notes and prevent them from being logged there?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Upon further testing I realized that this issue is caused by the fact that I had added a reaction/emoji on a user review from the backend view of the course. 

Upon removing that reaction/emoji, the error goes away and the reviews start showing again in the front end. 

Looks like a bug... doing so prevents the reviews to show in the front end and causes the popup error I submitted.

Discard