This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is there a way to hide the course content from the public and limit viewing to only signed in users, even if they still need to join the course before viewing it fully? 

In other words, I do not want the course outline to be visible unless a user is signed in.

IS there a way to adjust some permissions in the backend to achieve this please? 

Discard

Can you share the course?

Author

I just realized that when I put a course to "members only", no one can see it.. not even those who are signed in.... and those who did not join the course cannot access that course....
Is this normal behavior?
Clearly there are a few layers of security needed here:
1. Show course with description only.. without showing the content outline
2. Show course only to signed in users
3. Show course only to members.

Best Answer

Course >>option >>display -> members only

Discard
Author

I see what you mean.... however my issues is that when it is member only it does not even display the course at all ... so right now people landing on the course page would not know that there is a course....

What I wanted to achieve is being able to show the list of course but without showing the content of the course... otherwise there should be some kind of prompt telling people to sign in to view the courses if it shows nothing. ....

In that case you can make the visibility as public and enroll policy as on invitation

Author

That's not going to solve my issue... I want to be able to show the course description in place of the course sections and content titles....

I want to HIDE the course sections and content title unless someone has joined to course... and rather display just the course description until someone has joined the course, then they can see and access the content.

Author

In other words the course section will show courses as follows:
- course title
- course description "e.g.: this course is about xyz... you will learn xyzzy.... "
- Join Course

And that's it... only when they join then they can see the outline and access the content.

I'm interested in the answer as well. Can you get rid of the share options as well?

The Visibility field does not work, even when with paid members...

Does anyone have a solution?