This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I noticed the most minimal permission level I can assign to a user for the timesheet module is "See all timesheets". There is no "User" only access. As a result, to give a user access to timesheets, Every other user is able to view everyone elses timesheet. They are also able to see project tasks that they have no invitation to view. Is there an option that I missed?

Discard
Best Answer

Not a dev, is there a straightforward way to do this? Each time I added a new user group, the entire timesheet permission dropdown goes missing in the user area.

I tried by changing the Menu items to disable "All timesheets" such that it only shows "My timesheets", it didn't work. Both the menus still show. Is there a way to modify this without code?

Shouldn't this basic functionality be out of the box?

What are the devs thinking to have minimum access level to be able to see all and removed the user group? What is the reason for this change from 12 to 13??

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Paresh: 
Do I modify those via dev mode?

Discard

Yes. You will need to activate developer mode to be able to define new security groups.

Best Answer

Hi Jesse:

Looks like the Timesheet related functionality has been changed in Odoo 13. In Odoo 12, you could leave the Timesheet security group empty and it would be treated like the "User only" access. However, in Odoo 13, they are forcing the "See all Timesheets" as the minimum level of access. 

You always have the option of customizing the security setup and implementing a "User only" custom security group to meet your needs.

Discard