This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I can't find the "Translated Terms" button on Odoo 16, please help me find it.

Discard

I think it is not available in Odoo 16.

Best Answer

Translated terms are now stored with the native term.

Translations for product name are now stored directly in the name field. 

Any field that is translatable now stores JSON data representing all translations of all translated language values.

The process to translate has not changed. You can still export and import terms. 

You just can't see a Menu with all of them shown in a list. They aren't stored that way any more 

See also https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/developer/howtos/translations.html

Discard

Hi Ray
Thank you for your answer
In version 16
Every po file that I change and import into the system, my changes are not saved at all, and when I re export, none of my changes are there.
Please help me
Thanks

Start with a simple file, using what is exported from Odoo as a base, with one term to translate, until you are able to see your changes. Use POEDIT (free) since this will find errors in PO files, which are very easy to miss if you edit via a regular text editor. Odoo only supports the import of PO files which contain no errors.

Hello
By the way, I also followed the same path and exported a small file from the system, and then changed it with the poedit program, and there were no errors, but after impor to the system, my changes are not shown, and when I export the file again, the same It is the previous file

Hi Ray,
How are you supposed to export and import back in order to update the translation and not create a complete new langage ? I would like to update few terms in the French language.

Thanks

Specify the code and name of the existing language you want to replace translations for when you import your file.

Hi Ray,

Can you please suggest me from where does translations are getting loaded for website?

I mean does it manage from Javascript or Python code.

Thanks for your help.

I don't have that knowledge Darshan - but it would be gained by looking through the source code of the website module.

Ray, in a custom module I wrote something like

self.message_post(body=_('Whatever %s', watever_variable))

But this is not exported in the .pot file. How can we translate this now?

Best Answer

How supposed to be improved or localized, for example, in online clients?

Discard
Best Answer

This module should solve the problem. You can then use your custom translations. Even decide in which  module you want to only use.

You need to save your custom translations inside the module.

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/lgnd_translations/

Discard