This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I've had this instance running perfectly on a Hosted VPS for just under a month however when I tried to login this morning I was given the following error message:

Oops! Something went wrong.

Take a look at the error message below.

Error message:

A partner is linked to only one visitor.

further when i tried accessing my local hosted test database I encountered the same problem. Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Discard

It seems to be due to the Track visitor module included in the website. I solved the issue by desactivated the tracking

Best Answer

This error seems to be the ‘website’ module bug. It takes place when a related session (website.visitor) is archived. It happens within 7 days if you do not log in, and then Odoo blocks duplicated session to be created.

Solution:

1. As Cristobal offers, manually remove archived website visitors. Using the SQL: 'DELETE FROM website_visitor WHERE active = False;'. It is possible also to do right from the interface:

1. Go to the entry Website > Visitors

2. In the debug mode add the field 'active' to the view

3. Filter visitors by 'Archived'

4. Use the Action > 'Unarchive'

2. To turn of the cron ‘Website Visitor:  Archive old visitors’ which would block archiving any website visitors (in order not to repeat the point 1 again).

The solution is  for sure temporary until the bug itself is not fixed. I have just sent the issue: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/40077. Please follow to know when it is fixed.

So, let’s hope it will be done soon, since it is quite dangerous, especially when customers can’t log in portal and we have no idea that they can’t.

Discard
Best Answer

I can confirm that this problem is still present on Odoo version 23rd April 2020. Workaround for disabling the cron job is to edit the code and comment it out. Path:

Developer mode on

Technical -> (under Automation) Scheduled actions -> Website visitors. Edit Python code and comment out the line:

#model._cron_archive_visitors()

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, have the same problem.

But using the ODOO hosted at net3sixty-sdn-bhd.odoo.com

How to solve this porblem?

Discard
Best Answer

Good job ! @Cristobal Marti it's work

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same problem, and I solved it by deleting data by SQL.

sudo su - postgres

psql

\c DB_name 

DELETE FROM public.website_visitor WHERE id = '1';

Maybe the ID number is not what I indicate here, just try it.

Discard
Best Answer

Also had the same problem. Thanks for the fixes!!!

Discard