This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I’m trying to set different default warehouses per products so that my customers orders trigger the appropriate delivery routes as defined in the product categories. I looked at previous posts and feel I did everything correctly but for some obscur reason, the warehouse value does not show up in the list of values when I try and select it under “set default value” under the ladybug. I have multiple warehouses, i created a new sales order, changed the warehouse in that sales order, saved it, then selecting the lady bug, set default value, cannot see the warehouse value… thanks for helping before I go crazy over this! 

Discard

Can you try the same before saving, select the value in field, click set defaults from debugger button and see

Author

Hi Niyas, thanks for your assistance. Just tried and it does not work. I created a new sales order, selected client, selected product, then changed warehouse and immediately clicked on the bug, set default. Cannot see the warehouse value. I then tried creating a new warehouse and change to that one. didn't work either. I also made sure my user was part of the multi warehouse group (just in case), and I confirm that it is. Also, I confirm that I can add a default warehouse if I go in Technical/Actions/User Defined Defaults but the problem here is that I cannot set a condition which is what I am trying to do = per product. Let me know your thoughts.

Best Answer

Which version are you on? I tested on V15.0 and I get warehouse as a field while setting defaults on sales order

However, I don't believe you can set default warehouse per product from sale order. You would need to select the defined delivery route per product on product form or associate applicable routes for product categories from Inventory > Configuration > product Categories

Warehouse field is on sale order form while a product is on sale order line, you can have multiple products in a sale order but only 1 default warehouse.

Apologies if I have  misunderstood the question

================

Discard
Author Best Answer

Version 15. Even started a new trial and it does not work on either my enterprise database or this new trial one…. 

From the forum and other websites, it seems very possible to select Product as a condition while selecting a warehouse as a value in set default value… let me know. 

Discard

You would be able to check the version from general settings page by scrolling right to the end

Have updated answer with screen shot from 15.0, as you might see default warehouse can be selected, however product as a condition isn't an option

Author

Odoo saas~15.2+e (Enterprise Edition)

Author

Your right for the product not appearing as a condition; I also only see Customer and Sales Team as well. I updated my response above with screen shots of my own. This is what I see. If I select other values like Incoterms, it will appear on the list. Same with other values...just not the warehouse (frustrating)...

Author

Sorry, cant upload my screen shots...I only see in Default: Customer, Order Date, Company and Shipping Policy.

Yes, indeed you are correct, in 15.2 warehouse does not come up in the list to set default. As you are on the SaaS platform do raise a ticket with support. https://www.odoo.com/help

Notwithstanding, as product isn't a possible condition to set defaults on you might need an alternate method for your use case

Author

Ok thanks! I'll definitively raise this point with support. Really appreciate your help on this matter. And yes, it does not resolve my issue. It seems I'll be forced to create WH/STOCK/locations and use different routes assigned per product categories for each of my distributors where I need to automatically pull my inventory depending of my customers locations and websites. Its a shame we cannot assign a warehouse per product or product category.