This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm a consultant. I bill my time to customers and need to show timesheet details on my invoices.

I've found that if you go into an Invoice in Studio, under Existing Fields, there's a Timesheets field. Dragging this onto the invoice reveals the Timesheet detail. However, when I preview the invoice, the customer portal / print version does not include the detail.

Where can I modify the customer Invoice template? It's not with regular templates and I don't see any other facility for this. I'm sure it's there, I just don't know where to look.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Joshua!

Indeed, as you correctly noticed, there is a o2m field timesheet_ids, that holds the desired information.

However, adding this information in the form view will not automatically print them to the PDF/portal invoice template.

To edit this one, you must inherit this\ view\ \(report_invoice\.xml\ from\ the\ module\ account\)\.
When\ it\ comes\ to\ o2m\ fields,\ for\ it\ to\ appear\ in\ a\ reasonable\ way,\ the\ best\ is\ to\ define\ a\ table\ with\ a\ header\ row\ \+\ content\ rows,\ similarly\ as\ the\ invoice\ lines\ are\ handled\ \(starting\ from\ this\ line\)\.

Also\ watch\ out,\ because report_invoice\.xml\ is\ shared\ for\ more\ types\ of\ documents\ \(customer\ invoices,\ vendor\ bills,\ credit\ notes,\ debit\ notes\),\ so\ make\ sure\ you\ make\ the\ table\ appear\ only\ when\ it\ comes\ to\ the\ customer\ invoices\.

Take\ care

Ivana\ from\ edoo.is

Discard