This question has been flagged

Hi! 

We've faced an issue:

Raw materials is kept in uncutted sheets (3000mm*2000mm).

We have orders for numerous products with unique (individual) scale.

External system gets MOs and stocks of uncutted big sheets and then allocate orders to big sheets. 

As a result we have 2-3-4 unique cutting maps (many products on one sheet). 

Then we need to close couple of MOs by cutting 1 sheet of raw material. Smth like UNKIT.

Is it possible to create ONE Manufacturing oder for a couple of products?

or....

Is it possible to group MOs by their belonging to one cutting map and run the whole group of MOs, that will take 1 sheet of raw material on stock, and produce whole group of individual products? Several products should be produced on one workcenter simultaneously....

Have anyone faced this issue before?

Thank You!

Anton Kisleyko

Discard
Best Answer

Anton,

I had the same question two weeks ago and an answer was discovered. I too had large raw material that would be cut to mutliple SKUs.

To do this I created "phanton" BOM as a product. The product type is storable. The Routes are Manufacturing and Replenish on Order (MTO). On the BOM tab at the top of the window, create your BOM.

Add your raw material for the cutting map on the Components tab.

Now the critical part: add your individual products and the cut quantity to the By-products tab.

All together the flow here is create fake BOM, detail material consumed and detail output products and qtys.

Hope this helps!

Discard
Best Answer

Would the phantom product be a consumable product? I'm trying to find a solution here too.

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem and still cant find a solution

im not sure how the provided answer can help since the phantom product will also be produced, what should be done with all the quantities that are produced? its not a real product after all.

if anyone found the answer, please do let me know

Discard