This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to give sales order or quotation number manually or edit the automatically given one. Can I do that in OpenERP?

Also, when a sales order is made, I want to create a copy from the the quote from which it is being made. In short, I want to keep a separate copy of quote with status as 'won' and create an sales order with same properties, which can take separate sales order reference number (manually given).

Please let me know if I can do that?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello

To change sale order reference format according to ur need then go to setings menu and search for sequences under sequences search sale order object and u can now edit sale order reference format. But one thing u have to keep in mind ,reference wil be unique per order.

and to copy the quote ,erp provide duplicate functionality.

Open any order and click on more button appear on top and hit duplicate.

Discard
Author

Thanks for your response. But that's not what I want.

My question might be vague. I want to manually give the Quote number or edit the one automatically generated. I'm not looking for changing Sequence prefix/suffix changes here.

Author

And yes, I can duplicate and the duplicated one can be considered as Sales Order. That solves half of the issue. :) Thanks.

ok. For that u need to make a very small change in python code.

U can do this in 2ways-> 1. using Openerp GUI developer mode

or 2. go to your openerp addons->sale->sale.py-> class sale.order ->columns-> now edit your code-> 'name': fields.char('Order Reference', size=64, required=True)

that its!!! Now u can manually provide your refernce number at any stage of sale order flow.

Author

Great. Thanks a lot Shashank. I'll need more help and you seem to be the exact person I would want to ask. :)

sure. Anytime.

u can mail me queries : shashank_verma0020@outlook.com

skype_id: shashank_verma00200

Hi, thank you for this shashank verma !

Is there a way to display an error message if there is another Sales Order already named like this?