This question has been flagged

I want to know the limits of specific developments that can be done with the Studio module.

Can we add calculation fields with the studio module? Does it allow the addition of specific functions such as a function that converts numbers into letters?

If so, how can we do it?

Discard
Best Answer

Yes. You can define computed fields. Add the field in Studio. When the field is selected you have a  option at the bottom left. When you click on it, Studio will take you into the field definition where you can define the dependencies and write the code to calculate the value of the computed field.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your comments.
I have found it, but is it possible to develop and customize everything you need with the studio module or are there limits to development with this module?
I also want to know if these specific developments are still there and not lost even if an update is made.
Thank you again.

You can define and manage new custom fields but you will not be able to modify core Odoo fields using Studio. For changes to core Odoo fields you will require a code based customization.

The custom fields defined through Studio will not be lost when you do an update.

Studio is a great tool but it does not cover all of the customization scenarios. Only a code based customization covers all of the customization scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Author

Hello,
I managed to find and add a calculated field.
Now I need to add a calculation field that calculates the sum of the amounts of the non-taxable rows and another field that calculates the sum of the amounts of the taxable rows. Is there a way to do this? and how can I access the value of the amount of each row?
Thank you for your help.

Author
Hello,

Thank you, I managed to find and add a calculated field.
Now I need to add a calculation field that calculates the sum of the amounts of the non-taxable rows and another field that calculates the sum of the amounts of the taxable rows. Is there a way to do this? and how can I access the value of the amount of each row?
Thank you for your help.

Best regards.