This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have a background as a user of SAP and loved using Phantom Assemblies to have nice clean top level BOMs.

I'm now using Odoo Community 15 and haven't really found that feature. The closest thing I can find is the kit bom, but I'm not sure if that can be used for manufacturing or just sales.

The functionality I want is to put an item in the BOM that is really just a collection of other components. This bundle of parts shouldn't have a tracked inventory while the individual items within the bundle should. I don't want to have to transact the bundle of parts before using them in the top level BOM.

Can anyone shed some light on if the kit BOM paired with the consumable product type will accomplish my needs or if there is a better way to go about this?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I spun up a VM and tried this. It appears to work exactly how I intended. At the time of manufacturing order creation, the child items are just put in the manufacturing order. It's not quite as pretty as I was hoping, but it works flawlessly every way I tested it. Hope this helps someone.

Discard