This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I was trying to create a new report for a module, but when I try to update the module odoo returns the next error:

raise ValueError('External ID not found in the system: %s' % xmlid)
odoo.tools.convert.ParseError: "External ID not found in the system: modulo_nota_remision.paperformat_nota_remision" while parsing /home/***/odoo/addons/name_of_module/views/report_nota_remision.xml:17, near
<record id="syo_inventario_nota_remision" model="ir.actions.report">
            <field name="name">Nota Remision</field>
            <field name="model">syo_inventario.logistica</field>
            <field name="report_type">qweb-pdf</field>
            <field name="report_name">name_of_module.report_nota_remision</field>
            <field name="menu">True</field>
            <field name="paperformat_id" ref="name_of_module.paperformat_nota_remision"/>
        </record>

I've checked:

- The name of the paperformat "paperformat_nota_remision" is the same to which references in the xml, "name_of_module.paperformat_nota_remision"

- The xml of the paperformat is included in the manifest:

'data': [
        'views/report_nota_remision.xml',
        'views/paperformat_nota_remision.xml',
    ],

-The report_name in the xml is references correctly to the python model, "name_of_module.report_nota_remision" and in the python _name is "report.name_of_module.report_nota_remision"

Discard
Author

@Ibrahim Boudmir Thank you very much, that was the specific problem I was facing, 'views/report_nota_remision.xml' needed of 'view/paperformat_nota_remision.xml' so when it was trying to use it that view wasn't loaded yet!

Can you make your comment an answer to mark your comment as my question's solution?

Best Answer

if syo_inventario_nota_remision is declared in report_nota_remission, then you need data as follow:

],

Discard
Author Best Answer

As @Ibrahim Boudmir said the problem was the order of the views in 'data' of the manifest, it should be:

],

Discard