This question has been flagged

We are working with Odoo.sh and Version 13

We have successfully tested and imported products with variants (name, image, description, price, size and color etc.), no problem.

That said, we haven't managed to figure out how to import variants, and include the internal reference and barcode for each of the variants successfully.

As a retailer, with purchases two times per year for seasonal orders, and thousands of variants, barcodes and internal reference (SKU's) - this becomes quite important.

Does anyone have some guidance on this?  We have viewed numerous videos, and read countless articles, but they all seem to refer only to getting the variants imported in most basic term, but never how to import the associated internal reference and bar code per variant.

Any ideas or guidance is hugely appreciated.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Troy:

A quick way to do this would be to do the following to update the Internal Reference and Barcode fields after the variants are created through your current loading process:

• Go to Inventory > Master Data > Product Variants

• Select and export all the variants to an importable csv file. Export only the External Id, Name, Internal Reference and Barcode fields. The Name field is for verification purpose only so you know which product variant you are referencing in each record.

• Update the values in the Internal Reference and Barcode columns. Do not touch the External Id values since these will be used by Odoo for updating the records.

• Import the updated csv file. Make sure you skip the Name field and import just the Internal Reference and Barcode fields.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi  T.A. Geldart,

I think this video can help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBxxnYDIsM&list=PLSKcWRTtEl5qzvRaI-VTGavfReiHS_EEb&index=1 (starting at minute 23 in this video)

Discard
Best Answer

When I export my Product Variants it does not contain Internal Reference

id default_code name product_template_variant_value_ids id
__export__.product_product_2447_cd250014 My Company Tshirt (GRID) Size: XL,Color: Rainbow,Gender: Women __export__.product_product_2447_cd250014
__export__.product_product_2385_795dcb9b ST1 Color: White __export__.product_product_2385_795dcb9b
__export__.product_product_2448_0eccbb43 ST1 __export__.product_product_2448_0eccbb43
__export__.product_product_2449_ecdbe447 ST1 Color: cool white __export__.product_product_2449_ecdbe447
__export__.product_product_2450_565628de ST1 Color: Dark Grey __export__.product_product_2450_565628de

As you can see there is two "id" columns but no Internal Reference

https://imgur.com/JCARJ9x

Discard
Author Best Answer

Worked like a charm - definitely can get the job accomplished using this method.

I presume there is no way to do this at the time of the original import?

This does work, just adds an additional step lining up the appropriate info for a two-thousand variants.

Thanks so much Paresh for the details - much appreciated, and will work with this technique.

Discard

Hi Troy:

Since the id's of the variants are created by the system in this case, it is not possible to figure them out until the variants are actually created by the system. This is why the second step is needed.

Please click on the tick mark next to the original answer so that it is marked as resolved. Glad that this works for you.

Best Answer

Hi T.A. Geldart

We're facing the same problem. As we are a retailer too - with two times a year of new collections in Store. We found a solution with an import module made by globalteckz. Please contact abraar@globalteckz.com - and refer to the SOL-ID.ch project - the import module they made for us.

With this module we are able to import variants with barcode in one step.

Best Regards.

Simon

Discard