This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi, i need a little favor. I'm trying to translate the month into Indonesian (the default in English) in invoice report  (print out),

The code that we use right now is like this:

<para style="terp_default_Centre_8">[[time.strftime('%d-%B-%Y', time.strptime(o.date_invoice, '%Y-%m-%d')) ]] </para>

From the code above: The result will be eg. "24 January 2014" and I would like to change it into "24 Januari 2014" (Januari is the indonesian language). I've been trying to put [[ setLang('id_ID') ]] after the para style tag but  it is not working. Please, help me. Your helps will mean a lot and I'll totally appreciate your helps.

Discard
Best Answer

Rendy, I'm afraid OpenERP currently does not support month name translation into Bahasa Indonesia out of the box.  you need to develop that functionality.

Discard
Author

Hi John, thank you for your answer. And that's where I stuck at, my coding skill is not really good, so there is really no simple way to change the month ?

Rendy, I'm afraid not. Based on my experience there are 2 issues surrounding day/month translations in OpenERP (at least for 7) that requires some coding to fix. One is the problem that you have indicated (printing name of month or day in forms/report) and another is if you change the language of UI (from user preferences) to another non-English language and use a date format that has a month name or day name component in it. Maybe you can try to contact the OpenERP partners in your country and see if they have solution for this.

Author

ok, thank you john! Appreciate that