This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How to set up a company with 2 VAT Numbers

Discard
Author Best Answer

It can happen that a company has two different VAT numbers, due to existing regulations. 

NB: In my case, my client is a Swiss company whose most business is handled through Spain. The Spanish government requires them to have a Spanish VAT number in addition to theirs, even though they are still considered as a unique entity. The company has then the obligation to submit a VAT declaration to the Spanish government.

To translate this in Odoo here are the steps:

1. Set up the foreign taxes in the domestic accounting:

WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH:

- Set up the right account in the tax configuration;

- NO TAX GRID

2. Create new fiscal positions to apply the right taxes on the products;

MY ADVICE:

- Add the 'detect automatically' option so that the fiscal position is set up on the sale order/invoice whenever the right country/country group comes up. 

- Add the appropriate VAT number in the fiscal position so it appears on the reports. 

3. To see the tax report for Spanish taxes only, just take out the option 'Use Tax Grid' in the filters

Discard
Author

1 additional remark. The VAT number of the company will still figure on the pdf file. If they want to hide it, you should hide it in the view of every report so that only the foreign vat number is mentioned. Finally, if you have studio you could of course opt to add an extra field on the fiscal position and let it appear somewhere else on the pdf.

good solution for a unique additional VAT number, however many Swiss companies have 2 or more VATs for business in Europe, or example one for Spain and one for Germany, how to solve this?
There is also the need for tax reports and these should be based on different fiscal positives, for example one for Spain internally, one for Spain->Europe and one for Spain->USA. However, it is only possible to create one fiscal position per VAT.
And how to solve transactions between different European VATs of the company?

Hello, 

Are you sure you are commenting on the right section of the post? I am afraid I cannot help you with this. 

Kind regards, 
Marek Záda

On Tue 22. 8. 2023 at 10:14, Ricardo Gross <notifications@mail.odoo.com> wrote:
good solution for a unique additional VAT number, however many Swiss companies have 2 or more VATs for business in Europe, or example one for Spain and one for Germany, how to solve [...] ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​

good solution for a unique additional VAT number, however many Swiss companies have 2 or more VATs for business in Europe, or example one for Spain and one for Germany, how to solve this?
There is also the need for tax reports and these should be based on different fiscal positives, for example one for Spain internally, one for Spain->Europe and one for Spain->USA. However, it is only possible to create one fiscal position per VAT.
And how to solve transactions between different European VATs of the company?

--
Ricardo Gross

Odoo S.A.

+32 81 81 37 00 | info@odoo.com | https://www.odoo.com