This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When printing a POS receipt, a user is shown a print dialog where they can simply choose print. However, when printing an invoice, a user must first download the pdf, open it, and then print it. How can I change this functionality to be similar to the POS receipt printing process? I don't need it to send to the print automatically, I just need to skip downloading the file.

I really appreciate any help anyone could offer in this situation.

I've also already read this post, but like I said, I don't need to print directly to the print (skip the dialog): help.openerp.com/question/1341/how-to-send-reports-directly-to-printer-in-v70/

Thanks everyone!

Discard

Did you find an answer ?

Best Answer

Years later, but if you still look for a solution, there is a module that do that and much more. 

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/16.0/printnode_base/

I have used it in a project and is a very good one. 

In terms of printing, Odoo has some limitations that can only be accomplished with raspberries. In this case, you avoid the use of external devices. 

Hope it helps someone :-)

Discard

Thank you for recommending our app ;)

Best Answer
  1. Access the Odoo website builder:

• Go to the website module and access the website builder or editor.
  2. Locate the section or page where you want to add the download button:

• Navigate to the specific page or section where you want to place the download button.
    • Access the editing mode for that page or section.
  3. Add a new button element:

• Within the editing mode, locate the button element from the available components or blocks.
    • Drag and drop the button element onto the desired location on the page.
  4. Customize the button:

• Double-click on the newly added button to access its settings and customization options.
    • Modify the button's text to represent the file or document that visitors can download.
    • Customize the button's styling, such as colors, size, and shape, according to your website's design.
  5. Add the download link:

• Find the URL or link field within the button settings.
    • Provide the direct link to the file you want to make available for download.
    • Make sure the file is hosted on your server or a cloud storage platform accessible to visitors.
  6. Save and publish the changes:

• After configuring the button as desired, save the modifications made to the page or section.
    • Publish the changes to make them visible on the live website.

By following these steps, you can replace the PDF document icon with a customized download button, offering visitors the ability to download the attached file directly. Remember to ensure that the file you link to is accessible and downloadable for your website visitors.

Discard