This question has been flagged
3 Replies

hi

I am having a Sales Order here and wonder how to generate a Purchase Order & Manufacturing Order automatically based on that. For now it seems I would need to make a PO/MO 'by hand' but I think there must be an automated workflow for such a situation (why would you use an ERP system if you needed to do anything separated from each other)

have read a hint about 'Create Tasks on SO'but seems like I am at the 'will it be available for v7 any time?' point again

Discard

I had the same issue : it appears that there is a huge delay before the MO is created. I don't know why but I made around ten tests and half an hour later, they were all created. Strange behavior.

Edit : Check my answer it could help you!

For generating the manufacturing order from sale order see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwauhezYSKQ&t=1s

Best Answer

To have a PO automatically after validation of the sales order you must configure the product as follows: - Procurement Method = Make to order - Supply Method = buy - And you must specify the supplier in the product form.

To have a MO automatically after validation of the sales order you must configure the product as follows: -Procurement Method = Make to order - Supply Method = Manufacture - And you must specify the product BOM.

Discard

Hi, I have set up the item configuration just as described above but still don't get an automatically created MO. The product type is configured as "stockable" and has a BoM assigned. Am I missing something? Maybe do I have to set my own company as supplier for the product to be manufactured? I am using v7. Thanks for your help in advance!

I think thete's more to be wrong: I have a delivery order but when I try to deliver, I get the message "Operation forbidden !

Quantities, Units of Measure, Products and Locations cannot be modified on stock moves that have already been processed (except by the Administrator)." The forecast at hand is -1,00, stock volume 0,00.

I've tried the same with a "make to order" and "buy" product which should automatically generate a purchase suggestion for the appropriate supplier but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

strangely now an MO has been generated (regarding my first issue) - is there a special delay time that determines how long after verifying an order an MO is generated?

Hello have you received any answers regarding MO/PO creation time? I need to create a PO from a sales order and not sure how to do it without retyping the same info again.. Please help.

Check my answer maybe it could help you!

Best Answer

Automatic procurement happens with the correct configuration of Procurement Method and Supply Method and with complete information on minimum stock rules, suppliers, bills of materials, etc.

You have to set the field Procurement Method of the product to Make to Order or setup minimum stock rules for Make to Stock products to get RFQ's (which you can confirm into PO's) created for items with a Supply Method of BUY.

You need to setup a BILL OF MATERIALS for items with a Supply Method of MANUFACTURE to get MO's generated automatically.

Then, you run the Scheduler, or install Just in Time.

If there are any exception in automatic procurement, then you see them in menu "Warehouse / Schedulers / Procurement Exceptions".

Something commonly overlooked is that Items you BUY must have a SUPPLIER with an ADDRESS set or no RFQ will be generated.

Discard
Author

I have at least part of the above (Supply Method of MANUFACTURE i.e) as you suppose. But probably something is still missing. Will have a closer look into what you suppose and then report back. thks, so far

Create a new database with demo data and sell a [PC-DEM]. This shows you how make to order, manufactured products are supposed to be configured. Understanding how to set the system up is the purpose of the demo data.

I can't find Make To Stock. Products with a supply method of Manufacture seem to behave exactly as those with Make To Order. Even when I have them in stock, a new MO is created.

Best Answer

I had the problem that my MO we're not created and it was only a configuration problem!

Here's what I did : go in the menu Settings > Configuration> Manufacturing and then in the sub-section Planning, you must have Generate procurement in real time checked! For the next order, it will create your MO with all the rules you've defined.

For the orders that you've already defined but there was no MO associated, go in the menu Warehouse > Schedulers > Procurement Exception. Delete the default filter in the search box and you should be able to see the last order you have created! Go in it and you just have to click Run Procurement and then your MO is created!

Discard