This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello, I need to set up a room occupancy chart for an hotel management application. Rooms should be on rows and each room type should be a row group. Days should be on columns. Every guest stay should be a bar on a room row extending from the arrival day to the departure day. What is the best way to integrate this view in openerp? I have seen that the dhtmlScheduler library supports the timeline mode but I cannot find how to set the calendar view to use it

Thank you for any help.

Discard
Best Answer

Your description seems to perfectly fit in the Gantt View:

image description

Have a look at Project Tasks. This is the XML code for the view above:

<gantt date_start="date_start" date_stop="date_end" string="Tasks" default_group_by="project_id">
</gantt>

In your case:

• "Projects" are Rooms
  • "Tasks" are Guests
Discard
Author

Thank you Daniel, I will try to use gantt. In Gantt view I see each tasks on a different row while I would like to see one single row for each room and all the guest stays side by side on the same row. I do not see how to get this. Do you?

Author

I have tried the Gantt view. Unfortunately there is no way of having more tasks on the same line and this is a must for a room reservation chart. I am now trying to use the dhtmlxscheduler_timeline.js library but I do not know how to activate it in the calendar view. Could anyone help me?

Best Answer

Hello Bruno

Did you get any success trying dhtmlxscheduler timeline with Openerp/Odoo ?

I am in the same situation but focusing on manufacturing operations.

BR

Flemming

Discard