This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi all,

What is the difference between assigning a date to a task in the project module and assigning the task in the planning app?

When I assign a task in the planning app I see the hours on the forecast smart button but the dates itself are empty. Also planning is not aware of the dependencies.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? For me it feels redundant but also confusing as employer calendars are scattered throughout different app (I want Odoo for being integrated:-) )

Thanks

Davy

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Davy, I came up with the same confusion as yours and after some tests I came up with the following :

1 - when you assign dates from the project module, you are defining the organization of the project (dates and sequence of tasks)

2 - when you define Assignees (they are res.users) and they will recevive notifications about the tasks (but are not necessarily the ones that will work on the task)

3 - when you assigne dates on the planning you are saying exactly when a resource (not a user) will work on a specific task and you get a link from the task to this planning allocation

4- therefore you can end up with two planning views one from the project app and one from the planning app that are not showing the same data

5- With the project module I found out that you can define a task T2 blocked by a task T1 but sill able to drag and drop T2 before T1; you will just have an arrow from right to left

6- in the same way you can define in the planning an allocation for a ressource on a T2 task before an allocation on a task T1

7 - As a conclusion, the system is far away from an integrated project planner , you can use it for the beauty of the interface keeping in my that you have to resolve all constraints manually, otherwise I would suggest to use a dedicated project planning software

Cheers

Maurice

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Sir 

appreciate to clarify the Problem as while using the planning app i set the task timeline and that task should relate with Project so the employee planned hour already recorded 

according the dependencies it is available  now in V.15 

Discard
Author

Hello thank you for your answer. I'm afraid I don't really understand.

When I plan in the planning app and assign a task then in that specific task I see Forecast hours but the Planned Date remains empty. Is tis a setting somewhere?

Hi
i tried Now to plan a task and opened a planned Dates Normally and been recorded
may send me a screenshot to guide you how to solve it