This question has been flagged

When subcontracting a product that has a lead time of N days to be produced, and the components, which are dropshiped by a Supplier to the Subcontractor, also have a lead time of N days to be delivered, this whole supply chain must be done at the correct time to follow the Delivery Date agreed with the Customer.

How to consider the Subcontracting Lead Time in this process?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Check out the solution in these 2 videos:

Video 1 - Case Presentation

Video 2 - Process in Odoo

Discard
Best Answer

There is a new function from Odoo 16:  Days to prepare Manufacturing Order. I don't understand how it works. Can you explain it when doing subcontracting?

Discard

hi Giang, did you find the anwer?

I found the answer after trying to calculate by myself.
Subcontractor Lead Time - Manuf. Lead Time = Vendor Lead Time (+ Purchase Security Lead Time) - Days to prepare MO.
For example:
Subcontractor Lead Time (35 days) - Manuf. Lead Time (21 days) = Vendor Lead Time (28 days) (+ Purchase Security Lead Time (3 days)) - Days to prepare MO (17 days).
=> The "Days to prepare MO" is automatically calculated after you have the other lead times.

Thanks Giang, but I don't quite agree with the "-" sign in your first calculation and maybe Lucas can clarify.

You can turn the equation as you want but this was the way I found out the meaning of Days to prepare MO, then I could make a graph for it but I can't share it here.

Author

Hi Ricardo,

It is important to clarify that "Days to Prepare MO" for in-house production (manufacturing app) is available since version 16, however this same feature for subcontracting processes is available as of version 17.

I think you can see some good examples on this talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KIDHlvdM4&t=254s