This question has been flagged

From the first use case recorded in v14 and available in this Forum Entry, now another video is available explaining how to manage the same business flow in v15 in a more simplified way and also managing lead times.

"How to configure the MRP process being done 100% externally with multiple subcontractors and dropshipping the goods directly to the clients?"

Discard

Lucas, as you can see, I keep watching the video. There is one thing that caught my attention. Around minute 19 of the video you create the SO, which triggers a PO. The PO is automatically generated for Solar Inc., and you don't have the option to select Battery Corp. This is exactly my case. How do you create the option to select manually between Solar Inc. and Battery Corp.? Thanks

Author

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your interest on this video! :)

You raised a really good point. Indeed, when I recorded it, I focused mainly on explaining the end to end flow and I didn't cover some variances, such as the one you mentioned, otherwise the video would be too long. This is why I linked 1 product to each subcontractor (Electric Bike with Solar Panel > Solar Inc ; Electric Bike with Lithium Battery > Battery Corp).

In case you have several subcontractors "level 1", I'd suggest to do the following:

Keep the configuration exactly as it is, and for your product "Electric Bike", add both subcontractors on the Purchase tab. This way, Odoo will always create the RFQ to the first one of the list, meaning that this is the subcontractor you buy from more often (let's say Solar Inc). Sometimes, when you don't want to raise the PO to Solar Inc, as the document created is still a RFQ, you can change the subcontractor (replace Solar Inc by Battery Corp) before confirming the RFQ and turning it into a PO.

I hope it helps.

Thanks

Hi Lucas
Why has @knowledgeodoo630 been decontinued, or where is the new address for "Knowledge Odoo"? I really miss seeing the best Odoo videos! or is it just a access rights matter?

Author

Hi Ricardo!!

I'm glad to see you really like the videos :)

I checked and the Youtube channel is still available:

https://www.youtube.com/@knowledgeodoo630

Could you check again, please? Otherwise let me know! ;)

Hi Lucas, thanks for your reply! maybe I used the wrong expression, but it's just that 5 months without new videos from my favorite channel brings the feeling of discontinuation or like I'm outdated! ;-)

Author

Hi Ricardo,

Indeed it's been a long time we don't publish content on this channel. Soon there will be a video about the release highlights 16.2 for Manufacturing :)

Hi Lucas
Multi-company issue:
Scenario: Testing in v16, in a Multi-company configuration where "SupplierA" is the second company, the MO in Subcontractor 2 nor the PO are being generated automatically, how to solve? or what I need to configure in the second company?
Thanks

Author

Hi Ricardo,

I didn't get the question.

Do you have 2 companies (A and B, for instance) and what you sell in Company A is produced (subcontracted) in Company B?

Or the subcontractor is a 3rd company that doesn't belong to the group (therefore, is not a company in the database)?

reproducing the configuration of the video in v16, for some unknown reason, the purchase orders for the suppliers of Frame and Wheels doesn't work.
There seems to be a BUG in v16 blocking needs and triggers on the "3rd level" of the BoM or am I missing something?

Author Best Answer

The solution can be found in this video.

Discard

Something is missing in your video explanation to automatically create the "Replenishment" of the "Bike (Without Battery)" only with the route "Buy"!

Author

Hello Ricardo, thanks for your comment! :)

In this example, the Replenishment is created automatically as Odoo recognizes the need of the "Bike (Without Battery)" at the subcontractor's location. The "Buy" route is the only one we will be able to select, because it is the single route set on our product. In this case we only need to decide from which supplier we are going to subcontract.

Hi Lucas, thanks for your reply! I already liked your video of version 14, and that of v15 I liked it so much that I did the whole process. However Replenishment doesn't work, Odoo doesn't recognize the need for some reason. I also did other tests with Manufacturing, and for me Replenishment just doesn't work, what should I be doing wrong?

Thanks

Author

Hi Ricardo!! I am glad to see that you liked both videos!! :)

You are right! The need doesn't appear in the Replenishment when it comes to specific subcontracting locations, such as the ones we create for this use case.

The solution is indeed to create the reordering rules, linked to each subcontractor location, and using the trigger as "manual" as you can see in this screenshot:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/22030155?key=4075f7547ea31b79dc46e3333f2825df

I hope it works now! ;)

Thank you, now this beautiful flow is complete and available to all!

Thanks, very interesting. It brought me quite far in what i am trying to implement.

The only thing i am hitting now is that multiple RFQs for the same vendor and (dropship/receipt) destinations are being created. While they could have been combined or added to an open RFQ.

Hi Jaco
This is possible by changing the "Buy Rules" Propagation to "Leave Empty" where you want the RFQs to be combined.

Ricardo, these videos are brilliant, can't believe there are only 14 likes!!! as of today. I had the same issue, and Lucas' answer is one piece missing. I'm trying to solve a similar issue. I have an error message that indicates that there is no vendor to generate the purchase order, so I have to enter one in the "Purchase" tab of the product, but then the purchase is generated automatically from the first vendor in the list (I have four), instead of asking me to select the subcontractor I want tot use. Any ideas?

Also, I have a question for anyone: what happens when I have a third option in the My Company column to manufacture the bike myself? So I have the option to send it to any of the two subcontractors or to build it myself. This way, I'm actually using the subcontractors to manage excess demand. I can't seem to make both "Buy" and "Build" work at the same time.

Author

Hi Manuel,

I am glad to see that this video was really helpful!

Regarding the 4 suppliers, indeed Odoo will always select the first one of the list because it should be the supplier you buy more often. However, on the Replenishment there is a column "Supplier" (hidden by default) and you can choose one of the 4 before triggering the Purchase Order.

About the other question, you could add another reordering rule linked to the WH/Stock location in which the route should be Manufacture.

Kind regards

Lucas, the issue with the first question is that the purchase is created automatically, I can't seem to trigger it manually. I have two subs in the Pruchase tab, I have a reordering rule set to manual for the Inventory location, I have a BoM with sub selected, and two subs also in the BoM.

Lucas, I found a "bug" when doing manual reordering. To duplicate use your test enviroment. Trigger a manual reordering rule, select the contractor that is not the one shown. For example, if you see A when opening the reordering page, then select B. Without doing anything else, select "Order once". The order will be created for A, not for B, even if you have B selected. This is because the user needs to save the order before clicking to order once. I hope I explained myself.

Author

Hi Manuel,

Regarding the question you raised on 15/11, I had to watch the video again, and indeed, Odoo is triggering the RFQ automatically. So I apologize for the info I sent on 24/10, which is not correct.

In this case, you would need to adapt the route "Dropship Subcontractor on Order". At 11:27s you can see the full list of Rules within this Route. For the 2 last ones, where the Source Location is "Super Bikes" and "Universal Bikes", you can change the field "Supply Method" to "Take From Stock".

This way, instead of triggering another rule directly, Odoo will try to consume the stock of components at the location of Super Bikes or Universal Bikes, and in case there is nothing, the process stops here.

On top of that, you will need to configure the replenishment for these 2 locations using the route "Dropship Subcontractor on Order". This way Odoo will recognize the need on one of these 2 locations and you will have the choice to select the supplier before triggering the RFQ.

Note: The DB where I configured all of this expired, so I didn't have the opportunity to validate what I am explaining above.

Best Answer

Lucas, could you make a similar video with "a twist": a warehouse instead of dropship directly to customer, and instead of having Superbikes and Universal bikes as two subcontractors, having Superbiles and Manufacturing? This second point is so a company can have the option to either subcontract a part of the process or manufacture internally. Think of it as excess capacity.

Discard